Are Back-Catalouge Euro RVGs Copy-Protected Too?

Gigolo

So this means I gotta run and pick up all not protected I can find!?!?!

I rather stop eating and renting a flat yesterday than today... HELL!

Why they do this!? Is there any place where one can make complaints about this shit? I mean, the salespersons in stores here don't even realize that they are not selling compact discs anymore but those darned... (neither do they realize what a piece of **** those definitive reissues are. They carry them, and they even sell them for full prizes... holy cow!)

ubu :rmad:

may I divert your attention to this thread? I would appreciate any insight into this. I listened on headphones (not the best in the world, but any headphones are more revealing of such click things as you shut out surrounding noise) and didn't hear a thing. My offer to send the copy I made to anyone interested still stands.

For anyone who dosen't want to read the link, a person supposedly from Croatia(?) says his "Sidewinder" is copy-protected. He dosen't say where he bought it from or when.

Interesting how he says: '....Confusing is that I have these clicks just on those 3 CDs which are new re-releases, released in 2003 on Verve, who really care about good recordings....' :ph34r:

A single source & maybe not the most reliable source, but prompted my original question.

I don't want this copy-protected BS coming to the US either. :alien:

• 2 weeks later...

Walked past the Virgin store on the Champs-Elysees avenue the other day. I never buy CDs there but went to have a look at what was available.

They had the latest batch from BN releases.

The made in EU copy-protected CDs (Hill's 'Passing Ships' and Morgan's 'Sonic Boom') were available at 15.46 euros. The US-imported copy-free CDs of the same titles were listed at 19,90 euros (some 23 US dollars).

I have not noticed yet any of the old BN CDs with copy-protection added.

Walked past the Virgin store on the Champs-Elysees avenue the other day. I never buy CDs there but went to have a look at what was available.

The made in EU copy-protected CDs (Hill's 'Passing Ships' and Morgan's 'Sonic Boom') were available at 15.46 euros. The US-imported copy-free CDs of the same titles were listed at 19,90 euros (some 23 US dollars).

I thought that one was a normal CD? Because it was too long to fit on a cactus s**t?

ubu

I thought that one was a normal CD? Because it was too long to fit on a cactus s**t?

ubu

My mistake! Meant the Larry Young/Lee Morgan 'MotherShip' reissue.

'Sonic Boom' was not a copy-controller release.