Funny Rat

Guest Chaney

There was an article on LaMonte Young recently in a german newspaper. Very very interesting. Is there anything recorded of his work?

btw, Geoff, you should add the "user manual" for that Riley piece!

(to read those manuals is often half the fun with that kind of music... ever seen "In C"?)

ubu

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's Friday - slow day in the office, so I can afford to do a little free jazz posting (but only free jazz).

Ubu, I do listen to pop music sometimes (when free jazz police is not watching). I addition to Sade, I like Kate Bush, Tori Amos, Tom Waits (I am not sure it's pop -who gives the fuck about all these labels anyway, though), Geff Buckley, Tinderstick, Bjork and a lot of heavy metal stuff (that's where I started, after all).

Posting this quick before free jazz police is awake.

Geoff, these are very minimalistic photos. I like them! I'll post some of my "masterpieces".

Edited by Д.Д.

It's Friday - slow day in the office, so I can afford to do a little free jazz positn (but only free jazz).

Ubu, I do listen to pop music sometimes (when free jazz police is not watching). I addition to Sade, I like Kate Bush, Tori Amos, Tom Waits (I am not sure it's pop -who gives the fuck about all these labels anyway, though), Geff Buckley, Tinderstick, Bjork and a lot of heavy metal stuff (that's where I started, after all).

Posting this quick before free jazz police is awake.

Let me step in here, too: no heavy metal for me, NON!

But: Love Waits, Dylan (saw him live early october, very good show), Björk HELLYEAH!, Hendrix and such stuff, Janis Joplin. Sometimes stuff like Goldie, Morcheeba, Tricky, 4Hero, but compared to my jazz listening time, this all is maybe 1%...

ubu

I've been into 50s musical movie soundtracks since I picked up a pile of old vinyl albums some weeks ago. Lovely corny string arrangements.  :w

:ph34r:

ATTENTION! FREE JAZZ POLICE!

:ph34r:

I like to watch movies from the fifties! Forties, too, and of course early sixties!

Any favorites, couw? (Soundtrack- or otherwise)

ubu

edited for spelling

Edited by king ubu

Let me step in here, too: no heavy metal for me, NON!

Man, you are missing a lot.

Well may be not missing, but definitely a lot.

If you ever come through "our" side of the country, I'll invite you over and expose you to some

SEPULTURA!

GORGUTS!!

PANTERA!!!

DEATH!!!!

Ah, music for romantic soul...

HEY YOU KIDS! No talking while I'm at work and can't join in! ;)

Just got word from The Music Resource that these TRUE MUZE titles are on the way:

wi_go_cover.JPEGtonart4+.jpgraj_cover.JPEG9802.jpgvlat_cover.JPEGevan.jpg

TrueMuze issues contemporary creative music regardless of traditional genre definitions: music reflecting the legacy of jazz as well as that of (composed) New Music, free improvisation and non-western traditions - music which, however, does not blend such plurality of contemporary musical experience into a potpourri, but distills it to original and authentic improvisational and compositional vocabularies. The first six CD productions of TrueMuze give an idea of this musical philosophy.
Edited by Chaney

padding my post count...

another new disc I just picked up that I have really been enjoying is False Face Society by Steve Noble, John Edwards and Alex Ward, on Incus. Excellent free drums / bass / guitar disc.

I'm thinking I need to own some Evan Parker soon, too. Any recommendations for where to start? I'm thinking about going with some of his solo work...either the Snake Decides or Lines Burnt in Light. I'm hearing a lot of good things about his new(ish) disc Alder Brook, too.

"Ho-ho" my foot! Send me a copy, you know my address  :w

ubu

I'll send you some Cannible Corpse music instead...

you should send him those 32Jazz compilations:

Cannibal Corpse: for Lovers

Cannibal Corpse: for a Rainy Night

Cannibal Corpse: for Meditation

Other good choices would be:

Cannibal Corpse: for a Lazy Day

Cannibal Corpse: for Romantic Moments

Cannibal Corpse: for the Peaceful Moments

And my favorite:

Cannibal Corpse: for When You're Alone

Edited by Д.Д.