Other Albums you would like to see naked

skeith

Please, take the strings and/or sappy choirlike vocals off of:

Bird with Strings

Clifford Brown with Strings

Ben Webster's - Music for Loving

Ray Charles's - Modern Sounds In Country and Western Music (especially the Marty Paich arrangements!!!)

If these are already available "naked" please let me know.

I'm sure you have your own list

Edited by skeith

Please, take the strings and/or sappy choirlike vocals off of:

Bird with Strings

Clifford Brown with Strings

Those are two of my favorite albums! I wouldn't change a thing!

I used to hate "jazz with strings," but I got into it after hearing these two albums. Now I have several. Some are better than others, but all of them are good for what they are. I really like "Desmond Blue" by Paul Desmond. That's a lovely "strings" album!

I'd like to hear the new Miroslav Vitous ECM without Corea, McLaughlin and the three brass players, who were all overdubbed.

I'd like to hear the whole Al Kooper / Mike Bloomfield Super Session without the brass, which Kooper did with one track on the last CD reissue - I like the results.

Blasphemic as it sounds, I'd like to hear most of the electric Miles stuff, especially the live ones, without Miles - that Cellar Door band e.g. was far more exciting without him ...

"Lift Every Voice" sans vocals.

That record is seriously stressing me out!!!

:(

I absolutely adore that first tune and, from there, the date kind of loses me. But I haven't heard it in a while since I don't work at the archive anymore and I can't/won't afford the LP.

On another note, I know this has been mentioned before but is there a non-Warwick version of the Andrew Hill session w/o strings? Is it the Warwick or the TCB that has them (or both)? I can't remember.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Wes Montgomery's later work yet. Wes's small group work was fantastic, and while some of his albums with strings aren't too bad, they're just not on par with his earlier work. Take away the strings, and we might have something much better.

I'd find Albert Ayler's "Music is the Healing Force of the Universe" a lot more appealing if the vocals could be edited out of it. Does anyone actually enjoy them?

Given my reaction to all the Albert Ayler I've ever heard, I wonder if I might like this album better if Ayler were edited out, and the vocals were left in. ;)

I'd find Albert Ayler's "Music is the Healing Force of the Universe" a lot more appealing if the vocals could be edited out of it. Does anyone actually enjoy them?

ME!

In fact the only thing i dont like on the LP is the bagpipes track - but i like the fact somebody at least tried it!

There is something i like about the vocal tracks (well maybe not Albert's) & many a time you can hear a voice from our shower bellowing -

A MAANNN IS LIKE A TREEEEEEEE!!!!!!