MLB 2009 Season

I am no A-Rod fan...well, I liked the idea of him being the real home run champ over Barriod, but now that's a moot point, isn't it...anyway, this book just smells, IMHO. And heard his high school coach say he went from 160 to 190 over his years there, and didn't seem at all like a big deal, just a kid getting bigger as he got older.

Look, if it turns out like one guy I heard on Costas' radio show said, 70% were on the juice at one time, we are going to have to get over beating up the players that did the best on them.

And I sure hope Fat Albert isn't on them. He's the best overall player in the game, right now, bar none. Bobby Cox said he's the best 1st baseman he's ever seen. I saw him play the braves for 3 games, and you can tell he's taken everything to a new level this year....his elbow isn't barking, and he is the smartest guy on the field....

Dan, some bitter Braves fans are saying no way Smoltz's shoulder can stay together, being held by 5 screws. These are the same folks that were sorry to see him leave a few months ago, but once he started to badmouth some braves personnel, that bothered many. I understand where he's coming from, taking less over the years to stay a brave. I hope he gets one more chance to show he's one of the best ever, come playoff time.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Carl Crawford stole 6 bases vs bosox today

Says he wasn't aware it tied a modern record -- nobody talks about stats during the game, he says -- and that he might have tried to steal 7 if he'd known.

From what I saw of this series (not a whole lot) it looked like both teams were running all over the place.

I am no A-Rod fan...well, I liked the idea of him being the real home run champ over Barriod, but now that's a moot point, isn't it...anyway, this book just smells, IMHO. And heard his high school coach say he went from 160 to 190 over his years there, and didn't seem at all like a big deal, just a kid getting bigger as he got older.

Look, if it turns out like one guy I heard on Costas' radio show said, 70% were on the juice at one time, we are going to have to get over beating up the players that did the best on them.

Exactly.

I'm no A-Rod fan either...but where is all the media hype? Where is the media lynch mob now? Why isn't he getting publicly flogged and his every movement scrutinized? Answer: He is a New York Yankee in a New York media market and he gets a free pass. Such bullshit. Wow.

Let the record show I made this very same point about the hyper "get Bonds" mentality of the biased sporting media a year ago when all you guys wanted Bonds' head on a platter. And I mean ALL of you.

It is well past time to realize that Barry Bonds isn't the only baseball player who might have used steroids. But you guys pissed on me anyway.

Bottom line: Like sheep to slaughter, people just hated Barry Bonds because of all the media get-back bullshit. And I said that one, too.

I think we adopt the NBA drug plan [two and you're out], accept there were steroids being used that weren't illegal at the time and move on. This Bonds hater stuff has exposed those who do hate on him as nothing more than a bunch of easily media manipulated and misinformed dough-eyed whiners. Hypocrisy reins supreme.

Yeah, and I said that one, as well.

And when the government's case all goes to shit [like I said it will] I accept all of your apologies for the undeserved nastiness in advance. I was right all along. Eat crow.

Pssh.

Edited by GoodSpeak

You just continue to be a pathetic joke.

Number one, A-Rod has gotten a "pass"?

Did you pay any attention at all to the coverage of his Gammons interview, and then the group press conference? Did you notice at all how just about every writer ripped him for saying things that were questionable at best, ridiculous at worst?

But A-Rod "got a pass"? WHAT THE FUCKING HELL ARE YOU WATCHING?

As for Bonds, by the end of his trial, everyone in the world will know that he was a hard core juicer.

That fact will not be altered in the least if the government fails to prove, beyond and to the exclusion of all reasonable doubt, that he committed perjury when answering questions under oath in front of the BALCO grand jury.

Artful lying may well keep him out of prison. It will never ever erase the stench of his holding the all-time home run record via steroid use.

You can keep your head in the sand, you can even play all superior to everyone if Bonds gets acquitted. But you better understand one thing: Everyone with a brain knows that Barroid juiced.

Edited by Dan Gould

Did you pay any attention at all to the coverage of his Gammons interview, and then the group press conference? Did you notice at all how just about every writer ripped him for saying things that were questionable at best, ridiculous at worst?

As for Bonds, by the end of his trial, everyone in the world will know that he was a hard core juicer.

That fact will not be altered in the least if the government fails to prove, beyond and to the exclusion of all reasonable doubt, that he committed perjury when answering questions under oath in front of the BALCO grand jury.

Artful lying may well keep him out of prison. It will never ever erase the stench of his holding the all-time home run record via steroid use.

You can keep your head in the sand, you can even play all superior to everyone if Bonds gets acquitted. But you better understand one thing: Everyone with a brain knows that Barroid juiced.

Fine.

You want to get nasty, Dan? OK. Let's go, big boy.

YOU are a fucking blind idiot if you are expecting anyone to believe that A-Rod has gotten even HALF the unwarranted abuse Bonds got. He has gotten, what...an article or two? Give ME a fucking break, dipshit. There is absolutely NO comparison between what Bonds faced and what A-Rod didn't and at the hands of the obviously biased [and OWNED] New York media. NONE. Zip. Nada. BALCO my rosy red ass.

A-Rod is a cheater...and after Bonds, you self-involved jerk-off. He also cheated on his wife. Where is all the media bullshit on that one, eh? The media got this hard-on over Bonds' lying sack of shit girlfriend he dumped. Why don't they go interview A-Rod's mistress, eh?

Answer: He is a FUCKING New York Yankee in the FUCKING New York media market

A-Rod got a free pass, moron. Plain and simple.

At the end of the several times delayed pretend court case the government [now Bush-less, Black hater government; Katrina victims (largely Black) are still waiting for assistance. Gee, what a coincedence, huh.] will prove, once and for all, people like you are, just as ignorant, Bonds haters. Or, more to the point, bigots.

You got nothing here and you know it, Dan. You are just a hater.

Now, go soak your head, jackass.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Fine.

YOU are a fucking blind idiot if you are expecting anyone to believe that A-Rod has gotten even HALF the unwarranted abuse Bonds got. He has gotten, what...an article or two? Give ME a fucking break, dipshit. There is absolutely NO comparison between what Bonds faced and what A-Rod didn't and at the hands of the obviously biased [and OWNED] New York media. NONE. Zip. Nada. BALCO my rosy red ass.

A-Rod is a cheater...and after Bonds, you self-involved jerk-off. He also cheated on his wife. Where is all the media bullshit on that one, eh? The media got this hard-on over Bonds' lying sack of shit girlfriend he dumped. Why don't they go interview A-Rod's mistress, eh?

At the end of the several times delayed pretend court case the government [now Bush-less, Black hater government; Katrina victims (largely Black) are still waiting for assistance. Gee, what a coincedence, huh.] will prove, once and for all, people like you are, just as ignorant, Bonds haters. Or, more to the point, bigots.

Every time you open your mouth Timmy, people on this thread laugh. And laugh. And laugh.

Why do we know about A-Rod's cheating on his wife?

BECAUSE THE NEW YORK TABLOIDS REPORTED IT!

A-Rod has taken an extraordinary amount of abuse from the "NY MEDIA". He brought it on himself from the start.

Let's talk about another steroid cheater that the "NY MEDIA" didn't give a pass to:

Roger Clemens.

Clemens has been torn a new one by the award-winning reporting of the NY Daily News. Steroid use. Multiple affairs. Possible statutory rape of a future country music star.

And wait a minute - he's white, too, isn't he?

So take your racial bias claims and cram them up your ever loving ass, you contemptible moronic fool.

Fine.

Every time you open your mouth Timmy, people on this thread laugh. And laugh. And laugh.

Why do we know about A-Rod's cheating on his wife?

BECAUSE THE NEW YORK TABLOIDS REPORTED IT!

A-Rod has taken an extraordinary amount of abuse from the "NY MEDIA". He brought it on himself from the start.

Let's talk about another steroid cheater that the "NY MEDIA" didn't give a pass to:

Roger Clemens.

Clemens has been torn a new one by the award-winning reporting of the NY Daily News. Steroid use. Multiple affairs. Possible statutory rape of a future country music star.

And wait a minute - he's white, too, isn't he?

So take your racial bias claims and cram them up your ever loving ass, you contemptible moronic fool.

You must think that the New York media is the WORLD's media, huh. Figures. :rolleyes:

The rest of the country heard little about Roger Clemens, either. Both the A-Rod stuff and the Clemens stuff have died out. Bonds, however, was the buzz for YEARS, Dan. OK? Can you comprehend anything at all about that simple fact? Pull your head out of your ass, Dan.

It may come as a big, giant, HUGE shock to your three active braincells that this country just might have a few more states other than New York...49 other states, to be exact. Perhaps you've heard of them?

We haven't read/watched diddley shit about A-Rod other than he admitted to juicing once [but who can tell if he didn't juice for the last ten years, eh? Um, wasn't that YOUR argument about Bonds and his change in body type/hat size?] and he cheated on his wife.

When your Eastern owned media dickheads were fucking Bonds in the ass, we couldn't watch any sports channel or sports news program that wasn't just FILLED with Dan Gould-like bigotry and Bonds hater bullshit. A-Rod....we heard nothing.

You're a blind idiot, Dan ...and a liar.

YOU were at the helm of the Bonds hater crap from the start and IN SPITE of the reality I was trying to express to you and the other Bonds haters on this BBS.

I was right and YOU were wrong.

Deal with it, jackass.

Edited by GoodSpeak

What a fucking joke you are. Its astounding. And of course, sad. But I've said that too many times before.

NY is the media capitol of the world. Apparently though, you only get their reports when its all about the BARROID. When the BARROID takes it in his over-grown head, you bitch and moan about the NY MEDIA and how terrible they are.

Now, when the same NY MEDIA takes the same can of whoop-ass to A-ROD, suddenly there are 49 other states, and none of them are paying any attention to this terrible cheating scandal by the future home run king. You know everything that the NY MEDIA is reporting when it comes to Bonds, yet if the reports are about other steroid cheats like A-Rod or Clemens, its a whole 'nother story with you.

I may have three active brain cells, but you can't make a single cohesive argument with only one.

What a fucking joke you are. Its astounding. And of course, sad. But I've said that too many times before.

NY is the media capitol of the world. Apparently though, you only get their reports when its all about the BARROID. When the BARROID takes it in his over-grown head, you bitch and moan about the NY MEDIA and how terrible they are.

Now, when the same NY MEDIA takes the same can of whoop-ass to A-ROD, suddenly there are 49 other states, and none of them are paying any attention to this terrible cheating scandal by the future home run king. You know everything that the NY MEDIA is reporting when it comes to Bonds, yet if the reports are about other steroid cheats like A-Rod or Clemens, its a whole 'nother story with you.

I may have three active brain cells, but you can't make a single cohesive argument with only one.

Dan,

YOU are the biggest blowhard on the entire World Wide Web. Make no mistake.

You run off at the mouth, at will, and without a single coherent thought in your head. Those three active braincells must be pretty confused by now because I just called you on your incessant bullshit and you got NOTHING to to come back with other than the same old, tired insulting idiocy.

I have exposed you for what you really are: A pathetic piece of lying crap. Now get off me, jerk.

Got it?

Edited by GoodSpeak

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wow. You shouldn't be a school teacher, dude. I mean, seriously. Not only are you not remotely qualified for the position, but you missed your true calling: Doing stand-up comedy.

I just demonstrated the fundamental fallacy of your argument, and this is what you come back with?

That's gold, Timmy. That's gold!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Anyone else see the problem with Timmy's argument?

Yet again I am simply astounded at what the CA schools hire and retain. The mind boggles.

Meh.

And you must be unemployed.

Who the hell would hire you? Midget-minded morons...?

Wow. You shouldn't be a school teacher, dude. I mean, seriously. Not only are you not remotely qualified for the position, but you missed your true calling: Doing stand-up comedy.

I just demonstrated the fundamental fallacy of your argument, and this is what you come back with?

That's gold, Timmy. That's gold!

Nice try.

Go soak your head, Dan.

Those three active braincells of yours could use a rinse.

Pssh :rolleyes:

Edited by GoodSpeak

I am so relieved to see that the Sox held on last night. I can't believe I stayed up - I am going to be the walking dead all day today - but when Francona called on Papelbon for a 5 out save, and he started the ninth by allowing an infield single and then plunking Jeter, I was certain he was going to blow it, and I knew I'd sleep worse if I watched that happen so I just went to bed.

And I dreamed that indeed he did blow it, but not in the way I anticipated. I had a dream in which I had Sportscenter on, and they were talking about the "amazing" game. And then there was a scan of the line score - it showed 2 runs in the Yankee half of the ninth, and then nothing but zeroes til like the 14th inning, when it showed a "5" and another "5" in one inning, and then a bunch more zeroes.

I never did find out how it turned out in dream land, but I am glad it turned out right in reality! :g

The Tribe won a game and so did Baltimore

Still tied for the worst record in the AL

No worries, the A's will catch up soon. The A's are due for another game this week where 4 players go on the DL and bullpen has to pitch four innings at least (the bullpen part is a everyday event, the DL part just weekly). As Yogi said "it gets late earlier out there", its going to be a long summer. I would have been happier just having kids who aren't ready for prime time rebuilding and getting their brains bashed in all year then being offered this joke of contention by fielding an aging team of ex stars that can't hit or stay on the field.