MLB 2009 Season

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With a day's rest and tomorrow off too, you have to go to your best pitcher for another inning. Nathan's homer rate was up and his ERA was far less impressive than it has been, but its not like he's had a Lidge-type season.

I'm just lovin that the Yankees blew their chance and now we go to the 11th. Hopefully we'll watch Burnett eat that stinkin' pie he was surely preparing because no one gets it in the end.

How much money did that Ump have on the Yankees winning??? :angry: what the hell is the point of an extra ump??? I have seen umps from 3rd see a ball was on the line, and he can't tell that ball was fair by 3-4 inches???? Damn......

How much money did that Ump have on the Yankees winning??? :angry: what the hell is the point of an extra ump??? I have seen umps from 3rd see a ball was on the line, and he can't tell that ball was fair by 3-4 inches???? Damn......

One of my favorite moments from tonight: Jeter and Rodriguez standing together in the dugout in the bottom of the 9th after A-Rod's home run, and Jeter slapping Rodriguez affectionately on the arm while they watched the game.

Incredible that NY pulled this one out... Damon's line-out double play in the bottom of the 11th felt like a huge momentum-shifter, and when MN loaded the bases with no outs in the top of the 12th I thought NY was done for sure. Amazing game!

Edited by ghost of miles

How many times are the Twinkies going to blow this game?

Just enough times...of course, that should have only tied the game....

Teixera, a guy last year that was the guy who couldn't come through when Chipper was walked, time and time again....hits the game winner. Amazing....

Best team money can buy! -_-

Does this mean the Yankees suck or they don't suck. It could be interpreted either way. If it means they don't suck, I will be pleased. As I've said numerous times before, there are only two kinds of baseball fans. Yankee fans and those who don't know it yet.

Up over and out.

Believe me, I will never, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever

EVER BE A YANKEE FAN!!!

(Just a tad over the top, I know :g )

Enjoy this shit while it lasts, whatever happens in the other series, the Red Sox and Angels won't lay there and take it like a bitch like the Twins.

Of course, the umpires will do whatever the fuck they can to help the a-holes.

You mean how they routinely blew the strike zone calls tonight, mostly to the Twins' benefit? Or how they blew several calls in the Tigers-Twins tiebreaker that helped the Twins?

For cryin' out loud, yes, a bad call, but the Twins couldn't score with no outs and the bases loaded? That's pathetic. How many runners did they leave on base tonight? 17, or something like that? Both teams made mistakes and blew opportunities... unfortunately for MN, Yanks had the last say. But MN has a lot of heart and two games at the Metrodome coming up now. By no means are they dead.

Dave, just consider this thread similar to a bar where people you normally like and respect come in and act like drunken jerks. I normally ignore all of the vitriolic crap that gets thrown about here, but it's getting really, really old, and to keep ignoring it validates it. NY fans are obnoxious? Judging from this forum, it's the other way around.

Props to Jeter and A-Rod for being the offensive heroes of the first two games. Tex may have won it with the walk-off, but NY was still in the game because of the other two. I love redemption stories, and this series is turning into one for A-Rod...not just for his clutch hitting, but for his obvious maturation into a true team player.

Dave, just consider this thread similar to a bar where people you normally like and respect come in and act like drunken jerks. I normally ignore all of the vitriolic crap that gets thrown about here, but it's getting really, really old, and to keep ignoring it validates it. NY fans are obnoxious? Judging from this forum, it's the other way around.

Yup.

Up over and out.

No seriously that would have been weird to have two playoffs games w/ blown 9th inning saves back to back. Alas.

I'm hoping MLB postpones the WFC/Rockies game tomorrow BEFORE the game.

from ESPN....

Players wore extra layers and stocking caps to work out Friday, when the temperatures were still in the 50s ahead of an overnight cold front that will bring sleet, snow and plummeting temperatures.

"It's definitely not going to be a July day by any means," said Eric Thaler, a meteorologist for the National Weather Service. "Bundle up like you're going to a Broncos game."

Thaler said it would be 29 degrees at first pitch at 7:37 p.m. MDT, and that the record cold temperature for Oct. 10 (25 degrees set back in 1905) could fall by game's end. He didn't expect much precipitation, which should encourage Major League Baseball not to postpone the game.

And we've got a dinged up 38 year old pitcher from the DR on the mound. He's gonna turn into an icicle out there. Not liking the Phillies chances right now.

Edited by J.H. Deeley

No seriously that would have been weird to have two playoffs games w/ blown 9th inning saves back to back. Alas.

I'm hoping MLB postpones the WFC/Rockies game tomorrow BEFORE the game.

from ESPN....

Players wore extra layers and stocking caps to work out Friday, when the temperatures were still in the 50s ahead of an overnight cold front that will bring sleet, snow and plummeting temperatures.

"It's definitely not going to be a July day by any means," said Eric Thaler, a meteorologist for the National Weather Service. "Bundle up like you're going to a Broncos game."

Thaler said it would be 29 degrees at first pitch at 7:37 p.m. MDT, and that the record cold temperature for Oct. 10 (25 degrees set back in 1905) could fall by game's end. He didn't expect much precipitation, which should encourage Major League Baseball not to postpone the game.

And we've got a dinged up 38 year old pitcher from the DR on the mound. He's gonna turn into an icicle out there. Not liking the Phillies chances right now.

Get yer frozen Pedros here!

I was at yesterday's Dodger-Cardinals game. Man, that was amazing. The sort of game where, as we left, we hi-five strangers on our way out of the stadium.

But it really looked like a loss. Two out, no one on, the reliever just got the two best hitters out. The crowd didn't have a lot of energy or noise - it seemed to have gotten spent when Wainright got out of the loaded bases jam in the 8th. There weren't many towels waving on the pitch that Loney hit to Holliday (although there were plenty in the 8th and in teh rest of the 9th). Holliday says he lost it in the lights. Whatever reason, it looked like the 3rd out, and then the ball just bounced off, and it seemed like destiny after that. Casey Blake's at-bat was really the nail-biter right after that. Count 1-2, then he fouls off a couple, and then draws the walk.

Just amazing.

Went with my brother, and he said he probably thought that was the second best game ending he has been at, but he was at the game in the 1988 World Series when Gibson hit the homer (with my other brother, mom, and aunt - I was in school in Boston, screaming by myself in the college lounge).

Freeway series!!!! :-0