Are you guys paying attention to the Swine flu outbreak???

of course, i'm prepared for the possibility that they might skip over obama altogether and go for the "swine flu is god's way of punishing homosexuals" argument again.

Wait a second. You mean it's not?

the lord doesn't need any smart remarks from the likes of you, young man!

nun_ruler.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have had one reported incidence in my Little Land O'Enchantment.

Here's a hint: The child isn't from Canada.

Take note, Augie.

If "Augie" is me, I'm not sure why you're directing that at me. If it's someone else, I don't know who you're referring to, sorry. I don't see anyone else you could mean though.

And I"m not sure what your comment about the child not being from Canada means. Are you saying it's a Mexican child? Does that mean something?

We've got 20 suspected cases here in my county currently. Many of them are children. Many are probably of Hispanic origin. All are American.

The thing is, we can't DO anything about it, so what's the point of freaking out? If freaking out reduced the number of flu related deaths, that would be one thing, but it doesn't. All we can do is take reasonable precautions (wash your hands, don't go touching your nose, eyes, and mouth) and hope for the best. That's it!

By the way, how come people are not getting creative with these masks?

I mean why not at least wear one of those plastic halloween masks from back in the day instead of the same old boring surgical and dust masks.

kotterxxx.jpg

Edited by catesta