I'll never get to 10,000 posts now!!!!!

BERIGAN

I have made several posts, and for some reason I noticed I seem stuck on 7767....a nice number to be stuck on, sure...but...I might tire of it eventually. Anyone else notice your count isn't going up???

Watch, it will after I finish this thread....

Ha, I try to add a new post, and it ended up in this one! :ph34r:

EDIT: well, must have just been stuck for a few minutes, seems to be rolling again...never mind. :tophat:

Edited by BERIGAN

I've never actually understood why these post counts and member join date stats are even visible on all these boards? Almost seems like the equivalent of the military uniform with new arrivals being able to quickly id the old members (who talk alot) by the bulletin board 'stripes' they're wearing. We've got the Major Generals w/10,000+ posts.... then the 1st Lieutenants......and on down the line to the lowly weed Corporal who joined on March 20, 2009 and has a weak and pathetic post count of 7!

BTW, has anyone seen Capt. 'Man With Golden Arm,' Chief Petty Officer Jim Dye and Lt. Col Couw lately? :D

I've never actually understood why these post counts and member join date stats are even visible on all these boards? Almost seems like the equivalent of the military uniform with new arrivals being able to quickly id the old members (who talk alot) by the bulletin board 'stripes' they're wearing. We've got the Major Generals w/10,000+ posts.... then the 1st Lieutenants......and on down the line to the lowly weed Corporal who joined on March 20, 2009 and has a weak and pathetic post count of 7!

BTW, has anyone seen Capt. 'Man With Golden Arm,' Chief Petty Officer Jim Dye and Lt. Col Couw lately? :D

Couw left the board in December 2007.

Thank you for that information, Member No. 10,596.

Member No. 10,596????? :huh:

My goodness, I thought you were once a Major General? Must have violated a regulation and been busted down to Private?

Well then, looks like Member No. 120 has someone to carry his clubs on the next golf outing! :cool:

;)

136-22489~Golf-Fore-Posters.jpg

Edited by Son-of-a-Weizen

My goodness, I thought you were once a Major General? Must have violated a regulation and been busted down to Private?

I also left the board in December 2007, along with Couw and a few others, and my account was deleted. Later I got a new account - hence the high number - and Jim managed to attach most of my old posts to the new account, that's why I have a 7,000+ post count :)

Edited by J.A.W.

I decided to make political posts not count. Mainly because there are a few members which camp out there and don't contribute to the rest of the board.

(I was not thinking of you, Berigan, when I changed that).

Ah, I get ya hadn't made many political posts of late...what is weird though is when I saw the number here, I didn't realize it did go from 7766, to 7767, and when I tried a new post, (just typed the word boo) it really did end up in the old post, did a second time as well! Could that have been since it was made in less than 60 seconds????

Well then, looks like Member No. 120 has someone to carry his clubs on the next golf outing! :cool:

;)

Someone sure talks like they are a bigger man than they really are 120. :beee: Have you picked up my dry cleaning yet???? :huh:

;)

Someone sure talks like they are a bigger man than they really are 120. :beee: Have you picked up my dry cleaning yet???? :huh:

Oh, um...sorry, not yet! I was busy mixing up a Bloody Mary and preparing your omelette.

Now, about those Italian suits of yours --- the ones I just took to that dry-cleaner on Wilson Blvd.?

Well, there was this gas leak and ............

LB33pic3.jpg

;)

Oh, um...sorry, not yet! I was busy mixing up a Bloody Mary and preparing your omelette.

Now, about those Italian suits of yours --- the ones I just took to that dry-cleaner on Wilson Blvd.?

Well, there was this gas leak and ............

LB33pic3.jpg

I heard all the debris and rubble from the blast was taken to Chris Albertson's closet. The suits are probably there.

never bothered to look at this feature, but i like the idea that political posts don't count. it is, after all, a music board. i wonder what people's numbers would be if the only posts to be counted were those which had some "redeeming social value." in that case, could you have a negative post count? :lol:

Jim Dye left after he cheated me......and JAW out of some cds we bought from him...! <_<

Um... Not quite, Jim wasn't the one who cheated me out of a CD, that was German member "tjobbe", who never showed his face here again.

Jim re-appeared about a year ago and promised to make good on what he owed, here. He then disappeared again a week or so later. Apparently he didn't keep his promise...

Edited by J.A.W.

Jim Dye left after he cheated me......and JAW out of some cds we bought from him...! <_<

Um... Not quite, Jim wasn't the one who cheated me out of a CD, that was German member "tjobbe", who never showed his face here again.

Jim re-appeared about a year ago and promised to make good on what he owed, here. He then disappeared again a week or so later. Apparently he didn't keep his promise...

....oops, my bad! :blush:

I will say that, for the most part, everyone that I have bought from here has made good. Maybe one or two misrepresented items, but overall, I have no negative experiences.

Yeah, me neither. Everyone I've bought from here so far has been honest with their listings and fast to ship upon payment.

Edited by Holy Ghost