Bill Evans, Turn out the Stars, Best Buy $13.99

jazzbo

Alas, I ordered this 10 days ago from Best Buy, immediately got a "Back Ordered" notice....and then received a second "Back Ordered" e-mail yesterday. In that second e-mail, they used language encouraging me to call to discuss alternatives, including cancelling my order. I'm hopeful this isn't their way of telling me it's never coming, but I'm not particularly optimistic on that count.

I'm in exactly the same situation.

I'm going to wait a little longer.

Same here but happy to wait it out since its such a great deal. If doesn't happen so be it. I can grab it for 40 if I decide I can't live without it. Still a good deal since it use to go for 100.

Me too. Beginning to suspect foul play! <_<

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question to Evans' experts: "The Last Waltz" set is more or less from the same time as Turn Out the Stars (September 1980) and also with the same players (Marc Johnson and Joe LaBarbera)

i08126nlrxm.jpg

If I have the Last Waltz, how essential is Turn out the Stars?

Edited by B. Goren.

My set arrived this morning, hard to believe. It's really good! A nice package, and the music is excellent. I heard that edition of the Evans' trio a couple of times and (no offence) was underwhelmed. (Harold Danko makes some similar points in his notes.) This is far more involving than what I heard in person.

From Best Buy website: We are not able to ship internationally to other countries.

:angry::angry:

I hear you ! Very annoying that we can't take advantage of this one - I've seen the box locally for about £30. Much less of a deal but at least the box can be got reasonably. Probably cheaper than paying the $ and having it shipped from the US I guess.

Mine showed up, if memory serves from when I borrowed this back in 97 the second disc was especially impressive. I am sure its all great but I remember I kept coming back to that one. Playing it now its coming back to me, disc 2 alone is worth the 16 bucks.

Thanks a million Lon!

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to ask for a little help with this set. Can anyone get it for me from Best Buy?

I'll cover all costs of course :)

Please PM or email me at marcavol@terra.com.br

Many many thanks in advance

Marcus Oliveira

PM sent