Just for fun...Someday At Once

Shawn

Ok, the next question is WHY? :g

(and I think the anwer is gonna be like the one about why does a dog lick itself - Because he can :g:g:g )

But now that you got a theme, you can do variations. Like have some of the tracks playing backwards and some not, or just do Mobley's solos, or alter the individual tracks where the whole thing comes out w/all tracks the same length, or anything, really, and then circulate it among hte underground until you get a commission and then you'll be famous and then life will be easy!

Or something like that. ;)

Why? - I saw some people on youtube had done this with rock albums, but the vocals and everything just made it sound like mud. So I figured instrumental music would work better...and decided that something with some "space" would be the best choice...thus Miles jumped to mind.

I was tempted to do some manipulation (reverse tracks etc), but I kind of liked the way this came out on it's own. However, now I'm sure I'll do some more experimenting to see what other weird stuff I can come up with.

...I wonder what Mingus Plays Piano would sound like...

The Charles Ives Big Band perhaps?

Yes, but don't try this with a recording of an actual Charles Ives piece (especially "Country Band March" or the movement it inspired from "Three Places in New England").

Though, on second through, with Ives -- would it possibly all come out in unison?? :crazy: