Use3D

Soul Stream

Can't agree, SS. The robot had to close the thread.

Imagine having your name pilloried on such a negative thread when all you did was send an impolite--yes--but hardly "abusive" personal message. Such things should have been ironed out in pms. Imagine how Underground feels about having his name highlighted in such a negative manner. No one (other than Musicboy ;) ) deserves that kind of treatment. If Jazzhound had been cheated in some way then that is a far different matter. But that wasn't the case at all.

Have to agree with the robot for acting as he did. That thread wasn't helpful to anyone.

Edited by connoisseur series500

Closing the thread is one thing. But to say the e-mail was in the right?.... In essence, Use3D is acting as judge and jury. Fine. But let's try civility in the buying and selling of CDs on this board.

A simple "My prices are firm, thanks for the offer" would have sufficed. That's my opinion which I'm offering here on another thread since the other is closed.

A simple "My prices are firm, thanks for the offer" would have sufficed. That's my opinion which I'm offering here on another thread since the other is closed.

We agree on that, SS.

In the meantime, did I tell you that I picked up "Alligator Bogaloo?" It was ordered by mail. I got on Barnes& Noble and listened to their hi-fi cuts and was impressed enough to give it another try. I think I will like it this time.

Undergroundagent is somewhat 'direct' in his PM's and e-mail communication, and occasionally his tongue is a touch on the sharp side. But I have had probably more than half-a-dozen trades and deals with him in the past (and back on the BNBB too) - and I have never had a bit of trouble with him.

To suggest that he be banned because of a PM that wasn't the least bit offensive (though, perhaps a bit curt), is silly.

Buy from Undergroundagent with confidence; he's generally a decent guy. Well, considering he's a Canadian and all. ;)

Edited by Rooster_Ties

NOW we're getting to some important topics...Alligator Boogaloo!  All threads should eventually end with some Lou Donaldson reference. ^_^

I KNOW you'll dig it.  Let us know... :D

I bought it back because of YOU!!! So I better like it.

(I know I will) :g Especially since you're my virtual shadow (or I'm yours) as far as musical tastes go.

Edited by connoisseur series500

I agree with Use's decision to close the thread. Whether or not he agrees with undergroundagent or not doesn't matter. The thread would've been closed one way or the other since the sole purpose of it was to drag someone's name through the mud for a problem that should've been solved in PM.

Don't use this board as your own personal vendetta postcard, all right folks?

Thanks.

Well, then I officially retract my former statement about Undergroundagent being Canadian.

I'm sorry (there, I said it – are you happy now???).

I'm sorry I felt I had to bring something like that into this whole mess. I stepped over the line, and I promise not to let it happen ever again.

I agree with Use's decision to close the thread.  Whether or not he agrees with undergroundagent or not doesn't matter.  The thread would've been closed one way or the other since the sole purpose of it was to drag someone's name through the mud for a problem that should've been solved in PM.

Thanks.

Well, if he's acting as an objective moderator of the board, then his opinion should be left out. He closed the thread for the right reason. But supporting someone being mean to someone else in a board-related transaction doesn't seem too cool either. This board is acting as a clearinghouse for undergroundagents sales and trades. His treatment of fellow board members during such transactions should be concern for us all.

The response of "don't do business with..." might have been wrong. But that doesn't change what was at the heart of the matter to begin with. Courtesy, or lack thereof.

O.K. that'll do it for my input on this one. I know Jim and all concerned are doing this on goodwill. So I don't want to bog him or his brother down with more on this topic. I usually avoid this stuff, but every once in a while get sucked in like everyone else....

Edited by Soul Stream

Just for the record;

I only posted a new thread on my experience with yu know who cause he deleted the thread that I intially posted my protest.

I would have deleted the thread myself after the rude dude apologized, but he attacked me in personal way right off the bat! (adding insult to injury.)

My only reason for posting about this was to warn others of what they could be in for dealing with this guy. This is supposed to be a friendly place, unlike a rough and tumble business environment.

Finally, I was under the assumption P.M s were not to be used to send demeaning, rude or offensive messages. Also personal attacks like the one rude dude leveled on me in his first post are also prohibited.

If these groundrules are not inforced as Use3D actions imply, what is the use of having them?

I am glad there are a few members of this board who agree rudeness has no place on this board.

I agree that the thread should have been closed because it was there for the wrong reasons but after I read the so-called offending pm, you gotta be kidding. Undergroundagent might have been scarcastic but offensive. If you want to talk offensive, look under Greg.

Call me idealistic, naive, anal, whatever... but there's a reason for the existence of smileys. IMO, you just can't go around being sarcastic in the cyber world without being very careful. You can sometimes be sarcastic or mock-combative with someone you "know" (never met personally, but interacted with extensively via the boards and/or e-mail) with the intent of soliciting a chuckle, and have it backfire. I've seen that sort of thing occur many times at Jazz Corner, where smilies are frowned upon (am I a genius with the puns, or what? B) ). Most people are too terse with their messages for their own good, IMO. So, I say go ahead and adopt the obnoxious/tough guy attitude... just take the extra .7 seconds and add a ;) You'll still be a man, and the average person will have a higher appreciation for your sorry ass.

;)

Should I apoligize again? And again...yet, again?... -_-

This is a bit much now. I feel like I'm in high school. I debated whether I should use this opportunity to once again point out that jazzhound used this board to air his vendetta, but I think that's evident to all, and even acceptable to some.

The point is that he's just as much in the wrong as me, and because of that should be held accountable for his actions like I am. I'm sorry he feels as though I abused him, but the fact is that he's abused me about 1000 times worse than anything I ever did to him. Yet, the focus is still on my behavior?!?!

I think this whole issue has gone beyond ridiculous, especially considering I've apoligized and he hasn't accepted it. I'm damned if I do, and damned if I don't I guess!

Either way, I'm tired of being chastized for something I've already apoligized for. That said, it's a free world and if people enjoy critisizing the good ones among us, rock on! Who am I to tell any of you what's appropriate or not? After all, I'm a liar AND a cheat!

On a serious note. I've traded a whole bunch with Undergroundagent (both here, and back on the BNBB), and I will gladly do so again in the future.

He drives a hard bargain (as most of us who have traded with him before can attest), but he's a good guy - and he's never caused a deal with me to go bad.

People need to chill out here, and all this 'Undergroundagent' bashing should stop.

So what if the guy's a little direct with his PM's, and a little light on the emoticon usage. That's just the way some people are.