What tune keeps playing in your head?

Hardbopjazz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have lots of tunes that are sort of bedrock in my brain.

I notice some of them because they come out when I play instruments.

This year they've included Tenderly, Stardust, This is No Ordinary Love, and lately If Ever I Would Leave You.

I have lots of tunes that are sort of bedrock in my brain.

I notice some of them because they come out when I play instruments.

This year they've included Tenderly, Stardust, This is No Ordinary Love, and lately If Ever I Would Leave You.

Good stuff, Lon. I've played "If Ever I Would Leave You" fairly recently also (I've always liked Joshua Breakstone's version on Contemporary).

If I go too long without listening to good music (or playing my guitars), I can too easily get absurdly bad things stuck in my head. It doesn't necessarily even require extended exposure (in fact, I really wish I hadn't read the comment above about "Yummy Yummy Yummy"...) ^_^

Give me that fillet-o-fish, just give me that fish

Give me that fillet-o-fish, just give me that fish

How would you like it if you were stuck on this wall

If that was you in that sandwich you wouldn't be laughing at all

Aarrgh. No matter how much jazz I listen to this is burned into my memory. I hear the sandwich is terrible too, way to much salt.

I don't hear a particular tune, but I constantly have chord changes running through my head. I think it's a way of practicing when I don't have time to pick up an instrument - and sometimes I whistle along in a quiet way, which drives my wife crazy (lately I've been working on the bridge, in this way, to Devil and the Deep Blue Sea. But I don't hear the melody, just see the changes as though spread out on a keyboard).

Edited by AllenLowe