Worst Stage Presence....EVER

JSngry

This has to have been very early in their careers. I'm guessing they feel even stiffer than they look. One other thing. Performing without your instruments, when you're used to having them, even if it's just a prop for lip synching purposes, is like trying to play hockey without a stick.

Up over and out.

I saw Dee Dee Bridgewater at the Bern Jazz Festival in Switzerland in 1987. I had never witnessed anyone so awkward and out-of-place in my life. Stage-fright-scared (it seemed), giggling, fidgety, wearing ordinary street clothes, carrying on with in-talk with her trio and guest Jon Faddis to the exclusion of the audience (which of course understood only half of what she said anyway), she made NO effort to connect with the audience.

Someone must have taken hold of her career and straightened out her stagecraft, because the next time there in 1989, she was dressed in skin-tight black leather, prowling the stage like a wildcat and had the crowd in the palm of her hand. It was almost TOO slick, but boy! was it different...

I saw Dee Dee Bridgewater at the Bern Jazz Festival in Switzerland in 1987. I had never witnessed anyone so awkward and out-of-place in my life. Stage-fright-scared (it seemed), giggling, fidgety, wearing ordinary street clothes, carrying on with in-talk with her trio and guest Jon Faddis to the exclusion of the audience (which of course understood only half of what she said anyway), she made NO effort to connect with the audience.

Someone must have taken hold of her career and straightened out her stagecraft, because the next time there in 1989, she was dressed in skin-tight black leather, prowling the stage like a wildcat and had the crowd in the palm of her hand. It was almost TOO slick, but boy! was it different...

Kind of supring story because in terms of showmanship and being at ease adressing the public she probably is the best i've ever seen.

Well, here's Pee Wee looking like Uncle Junior and singing!

Waltz for Everybody (or the Whole World's Waltz)

These are from a television studio program in 1985, hence the cowboy shirts etc. The singer's style looks a lot like my older brother's, with the greaser hair and all.

Edited by It Should be You

Kind of supring story because in terms of showmanship and being at ease adressing the public she probably is the best i've ever seen.

Well, everyone's gotta learn, and Dee Dee learned between 1987 and 1989, as I said.