Why was Bixieland banned?

blind-blake

And what do you use when Jim, Joe, Randy, AND Allen Lowe all invade your home? :huh:

We get attacked by an affectionate female lab! :rolleyes:

... and she is somewhere in her house right now, "getting that ball..."

Sweet baby. :wub:

Ha! I just came from downstairs, and that's exactly what she's doing right now! She's OBSESSED with that frickin' tennis ball. :wacko:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...and a game can only be played when someone else participates. I don't use the ignore function here, but I do avoid engaging those who seem to be simply baiting for a response. We empower these guys by getting sucked in to their BS.

If only more people would take that to heart. When it's a reasonable expectation that an argument with another poster is not going to go anywhere interesting or positive, the responsible thing is to stop arguing. On a message board, unilateral withdrawal from argument is the only sure way to end the argument. Whether they are "trolls," which to me implies a conscious desire to screw up the board, or simply immature assholes who revel in confrontation, problematic posters will go away if their needs are not met. Feed them your anger, your scorn, your mockery, or your meticulously constructed reasoning, and they will settle in forever and ever and never change. It's an addiction for them.

Edited by Tom Storer

I must say I am always a bit suspect about people who come on here and post mainly in the politics form, there must be loads of purely political fourms on the WWW, why go to a Jazz board to do so, Bixieland never really posted in the music threads and when did it was usually asking fairly ill informed questions.IMHO.

Then you should be suspicious of Johnny E, too.

Cliff, that "ill-informed" line really does come off as haughty/snobby. ....and since we're talking "ill-informed," it might be worth the effort to actually do a wee bit of basic research before commenting on someone's posting style. A basic search of his posting history from April, 2007 forward clearly shows that -- with 2 lone exceptions -- his first 70 posts were in the music forums -- and it was only in February of this year that he seems to have put down roots in the pol forum.

Maybe I should have said his focus seemed to be the Political form, and I certainly didn't mean to be haughty/snobby, just stating a fact, for me he didn't really add anything to the Music based forms, at least the ones I read that he contributed too, but I haven't read all his posts.

It's pretty astonishing that he was even here for a year and a half!

:rfr

Make that two years and almost six months (April 2007 - October 2009) :)

Ah!

In some threads I look like a numbers nerd, but this shows I'm a duh. I'm deffinately a duh! :lol:

It's pretty astonishing that he was even here for a year and a half!

:rfr

Make that two years and almost six months (April 2007 - October 2009) :)

Ah!

In some threads I look like a numbers nerd, but this shows I'm a duh. I'm deffinately a duh! :lol:

Well, it's definitely almost 2½ years :)