Sports: 2009/10 NBA & NCAA Basketball Season

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Da Bulls™ escaped by the skin of their teeth today, not even having the lead until less than a minute left in the game. Rose looked great, and Noah is flat-out crazy. Maybe the Pacers will put up a fight in this series after all.

Obviously they have gotten a bit too loose and let the best record go to their heads. But also one of those guys on the Pacers was having a bit of a career night. Assuming he returns to earth, the Bulls should do a lot better in game 2 after making adjustments. But there is no question DRose has the will to win that we haven't seen since MJ and I think that will prevail. And how crushing for the Pacers...

I was pulling for Darren Collison (UCLA), who had a great game going until the last three minutes when the entire Pacers team panicked.

You'll be busy keeping up with Point Guard U! Jrue in Philly, Westbrook with the Thunder. The '6ers played the Heat well for a quarter and change.

I was pulling for Darren Collison (UCLA), who had a great game going until the last three minutes when the entire Pacers team panicked.

You'll be busy keeping up with Point Guard U! Jrue in Philly, Westbrook with the Thunder. The '6ers played the Heat well for a quarter and change.

The end was closer than the final score would indicate. The Sixers cut the Heat's lead to one point w/ 90 seconds to go in the game. Check this out - Miami had 39 foul shot attempts to the Sixers' 15!! WTF??

The OKC / Denver game was good. Too bad the refs missed the goal tending call, messed-up the whole game.

Lakers don't look too good. Look alittle OLD.

NY should have beat Boston. But Melo was bad.

Knicks should have won. I happen to think the offensive foul called against Melo at the end was total BS -- and it probably changed the outcome of that game too. However, I don't really care too much one way or the other. Just hope that this series runs long, as well as the Celtics (prob)-Heat match-up in the next round. Celtics look ancient.

• 3 weeks later...

The Lakers aren't playing to their strengths, and their bench is being destroyed by the Mavs. The Lakers starters have actually outscored the Mavs starters by 40 overall. It's a team game, and the Mavs look like the better team.

Can't really feel all that bad coming off back-to-back titles.

The East is proceeding more or less according to the seedings, although the Celtics look older and rougher than expected. I think they'll make it interesting tonight but probably still lose in 5. Which is pretty much what I expect for the Hawks as well. While the Bulls could get past Miami, I have my doubts. I think perhaps next year is their year.

Anyway, the West seems totally open. The Lakers are toast. I guess I'm leaning toward Dallas coming out of the WCF. They are much tougher, both mentally and physically, than in the past. Much of this is due to Tyson Chandler (an ex-Bull). I would actually be ok with Miami going to the Finals -- provided they lose to Dallas and Dirk gets his revenge...

If Dirk and his then-teammates would have played basketball instead of backstabbing the coach who was instilling winning basketball technique into him and his then-teammates, there would be no "revenge" needed. And the Mavs might well have had several rings by now.

The Lakers aren't playing to their strengths, and their bench is being destroyed by the Mavs. The Lakers starters have actually outscored the Mavs starters by 40 overall. It's a team game, and the Mavs look like the better team.

Can't really feel all that bad coming off back-to-back titles.

I agree with your analysis. The Lakers have been playing poorly since the end of their nice 17-1 run after the All-Star break.

Although the Lakers are an older team, age is not the reason that they are losing to the Dallas Mavericks.

Bryant - 32, Bynum - 23, Gasol - 30, Odom - 31, Artest - 31, Fisher - 36, and Brown -25 VS.

Kidd - 38, Marion, 33, Nowitzki - 32, Stojakovic - 33, Terry - 33, Chandler - 28, Barea - 26

Assuming that the Lakers do not pull off a miracle (and perhaps the NBA is due for one considering that, to date, teams trailing a best of seven series 0-3 are a collective 0-98 in those series), it will be interesting to see whether the Lakers decide that it's time to break up the team.

Congratulations, Mavericks fans! Clearly the better team won this series, and the Lakers couldn't pull it together.

Here's hoping the Mavs or another Western Conference team win the title this year. Or the Bulls. I'll be absolutely nauseous if the Celtics or the Heat win.

I hope Dwight wants to continue in the footsteps of great centers such as Wilt, Kareem, and Shaq. Come to LA, Superman! :cool:

Try to get some enthusiasm for this Mavs team, but having a very hard time...after the backstabbing they put on Avery Johnson (only two players from that team left, but Mark Cuban unapologetically let it happen), now all of a sudden they've realized how important playing defense is & Dirk has finally grown a pair....I dunno....kinda like trying to find the love that you thought was maybe just buried & starting to realize that, no, it looks like it might actually be dead...Anyway, my son is happy, so that's good enough for me.

Tell you what, though - if the Mavs go all the way this year (and I'm feeling a vibe like they will) & all the hype gomes out about how they've been such a great team all these years but just counldn't pull it together, call bullshit loudly and clearly. This has been a gutless organization "led" by a gutless "superstar" and a gutless owner who knows more about almost anything than he does character.

I can't remember 3 players on the same team being thrown out for flagrant fouls in a series before yesterday.

heat looked strong tonight - the celtics are on the ropes!

:tophat:

I think we're seeing a changing of the guard. The Celtics are just too old. Their window is officially closed.