Has Anyone Been "Warned" Yet?

Soulstation1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my 2 cents. I know it's a "wink, wink...have I been warned" thread. But, at it's heart it's putting a "them" and "us" mentality in motion. Jim, Joe and Randy ARE US.

Nobody likes the boss. Don't make Jim out to be the boss here. Even jokingly it's making a statement.

Jim's been forced into establishing rules, guidelines and enforcements by people who ENJOY creating an establishment to rally against. They NEED a system to buck. A teacher to snicker at.

The Organissimo board s a virtual nirvana. A peter pan world where the inmates run the prison. Let's not create a divide. Jim's being forced into too much referee'ing here. That's not the goal.

The Organissimo guys are musicians, not cops OR the bad guy. Let's get back to talking about music, politics, whatever. Leave the "warning threads" and all the other garbage to wither on the vine.

Guest DEEP (GET ME OUT OF MY SKULL)

I wonder why alcoholissimo hasn't weighed in on this yet! :rhappy:

If the board rules are to be enforced..

.....If we find that someone is purposely goading another member in order to increase the warning bar of that member, we will revoke the posting privileges of the provocateur..........

....then it would appear that DoubleM loses his posting priviledges effective immediately

DEEP

Edited by DEEP (GET ME OUT OF MY SKULL)

It was a cheap shot, but we all know it would take a lot more than that to provoke you, right DEEP? :)

Joey G(string),

I don't have the luxury of being able to be provoked.

I've been disarmed, DEFANGED as it were.

I can only seek protection under the blanket that the board rules provide.

Thank you for listening.

DEEP

Edited by DEEP (GET ME OUT OF MY SKULL)

And besides, DEEP, you've made a public fact of your chemical manifestations, and you've asked us to embrace you as you are. Sure, if you were a closet drunk, then such a comment would cut to the quick – far more than a mere scratch like this one.

Rooster,

Would the same theory apply to one's sexuality?

i.e. closet vs. OUT OF THE CLOSET?

Thank you for listening.

DEEP

In Edinburgh, Scotland, there is a wonderful zoo.

Many years ago, according to my late mother, if a person wished to see the caged wild animals and was carrying a cane or an umbrella, they had to check it at the entrance.

Why, you ask?

Because there were many dignified, older gentlemen, who amused themselves by poking the lions and tigers, through the bars of their cages. The animals couldn't effectively react, as is their natural instinct when attacked.

An analogy could be drawn between that situation and goading another poster to react angrily to a personal attack.

There is no honour in that.

Posting a comment to stimulate spirited exchange is not the same thing as posting a personal insult to incite unpleasant exchanges, resulting in people getting warned and then banned.

Edited by patricia