Jimmy Lyons: Push / Pull

Matthew

Jimmy Lyons' Push / Pull is something I've been trying to track down. Has it ever been release in cd? Or is it one of those releases that appeared for ten seconds, and now I have to mortgage my house to buy?

Push / Pull:

Mary Mary -- 32:50

After You Left A -- 15:55

After You Left B -- 6:55

Tortuga -- 17:40

Push Pull -- 14:30

Breakout -- 21:30

Jimmy Lyons - alto sax

Karen Borca - bassoon

Hayes Burnett - bass

Munner Bernard Fennell - cello

Roger Blank - drums

Recorded live by Karen Borca, May 6, 1978 at the Collective for Living Cinema NY, NY.

Edited by Matthew

Came out on vinyl and was never reissued.

I grabbed my set during its brief visit on Earth!

Figures, while this remains unissued on cd, I'm sure the one millionth Who compilation being is assembled as we speak...<_<

...and I suppose it's wonderful music also! Borca & Lyons were wonderful together.

Edited by Matthew

Jump Up is slated for re-release by Hatology in the coming months. A full listing is available at http://www.hathut.com but other exciting titles include Braxton Santa Cruz 1993 and the Ayler 1966 Lorrach and Berlin, Stockholm dates.

That'll be nice but don't hold your breath.

Took approx. 4 years from when The Long March was announced until it was finally reissued.

More News For Lulu is one that I've been waiting for.

Jump Up is slated for re-release by Hatology in the coming months. A full listing is available at http://www.hathut.com but other exciting titles include Braxton Santa Cruz 1993 and the Ayler 1966 Lorrach and Berlin, Stockholm dates.

Reissueing the hatOLOGY titles in the same series still seems silly to me.

Why don't they just get 3000 more pressed and sell them as "2010 2nd Edition" or what it says on the back covers, instead of giving them new numbers?

I'm a bit pissed because I went places and spent money for several of those that will now be reissued, too... I didn't expect this to happen some years ago (was Shipp's "Multiplication Table" the first one to be duplicated with new catalogue number?)

The Ayler Berlin/Stockholm will be a first legit release of live material that was part of the Ayler tree. (Or was is it in the Revenant Box, too?)

On the positive side, it's very good to get "Garden" back (I never managed to find it), and also the Braxton 4CD set!

• 6 years later...

Getting to the Corbett vs Dempsey reissue of Push Pull today....oh my! I remembered it well, but this is even better. Maybe not "essential" for ALL the world, but for the one that this one is addressing, it certainly is.

And sorry, Karen Borca dislikers/haters/etc. The woman can seriously play. But(?) Lyons is the main thing here, Jimmy Lyons playing the entire instrument and, if not the entire mind, at least the whole mind.

2 hours ago, JSngry said:

Getting to the Corbett vs Dempsey reissue of Push Pull today....oh my! I remembered it well, but this is even better. Maybe not "essential" for ALL the world, but for the one that this one is addressing, it certainly is.

And sorry, Karen Borca dislikers/haters/etc. The woman can seriously play. But(?) Lyons is the main thing here, Jimmy Lyons playing the entire instrument and, if not the entire mind, at least the whole mind.

Got it. Like it.