Big Sale at Mosaic--3/17/10 through 3/31/10

Finally got round to ordering. I've made it this years main Mosaic order and gone for the Hampton, Chu Berry and Ellington Small Groups sets. Plus the 'Ellington 58' single to hit the shipping limit. ^_^

Nice touch putting the '58 cherry on top! :) I'm just part way thru the Hampton, but wow, I'm still scratching my head over why I didn't order it sooner.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's high time we admitted that we're all addicted, in the very worst sense of the word, to buying music. Acquiring is primary. Listening is secondary.

Isn't that the truth? It seems like it's much more exciting for me to explore for new music, find a good deal on the ones I want and then eagerly anticipate receiving them in the mail. Thankfully, I've been hitting the wall on new music. I've been finding it difficult to find new things I like enough to bother spending money on them. Of the last 3 bargain buys I've made, I liked one a lot, was so-so on on the second and the third I didn't really like at all. Maybe I'm finally to the point where I can stop buying and start rediscovering things I already own.

Ready to sell those three $24 Bill Evans box sets already? ;)

I haven't even finished listening to them yet! :rolleyes::lol: I'm only through the 4th or 5th disc of the Fantasy set. I was eye-balling that Consecration set when I saw it at a decent price and then I realized I already have 39 discs worth of Bill Evans which represents even more than that in individual releases. That's when I decided I didn't really need any more of his stuff and would have a hard enough time to listen to all that I do have. Using this approach has helped me stave off a lot of buys lately.

Isn't that the truth? It seems like it's much more exciting for me to explore for new music, find a good deal on the ones I want and then eagerly anticipate receiving them in the mail. Thankfully, I've been hitting the wall on new music. I've been finding it difficult to find new things I like enough to bother spending money on them. Of the last 3 bargain buys I've made, I liked one a lot, was so-so on on the second and the third I didn't really like at all. Maybe I'm finally to the point where I can stop buying and start rediscovering things I already own.

Nicely put.

I heard a track on the cable tv jazz station about a week ago.....decided to track down a copy of the cd ....then discovered that a sealed one's been sitting here for about 3+ yrs. How does that Almond Joy/Mounds song go again? 'Sometime's you feel like a...' :blush:

I've done the same thing. Sometimes I'll spend weeks listening to samples and searching for CDs but not actually buy for a couple of months and by that time, I've forgotten whether I was just looking at a CD or whether I actually bought it. That's how I ended up with 2 copies of Jackie McLean's "Destination Out" as well as 2 or 3 others I already owned. :blush2:

Finally got round to ordering. I've made it this years main Mosaic order and gone for the Hampton, Chu Berry and Ellington Small Groups sets. Plus the 'Ellington 58' single to hit the shipping limit. ^_^

Nice touch putting the '58 cherry on top! :) I'm just part way thru the Hampton, but wow, I'm still scratching my head over why I didn't order it sooner.

The sound samples of the Hamp on Mosaic's site sound great - looking forward to this one. And also to wading into the early Ellington and Chu Berry sets. Which is something I'm going to do with the Benedetti Parker today.

Have the 'Cosmic Scene' so the 'Ellington 58' was a no-brainer. It was either that or JJ and Kai.