Did Mosaic make a blunder....

Actually, his order was quite interesting -

Curious to know what the postage is on a haul like that?

Must be a small fortune... When the sets finally reach Belgium, the buyer probably also will have to fork out a small fortune on tax/duty and fees.

Hello From Greece! Since we are (still...:-))) in the EU we are treated the same way as Belgium. The postage costs depends on the value of the items purchased from Mosaic. Approx 20-40 USD. With some arrangement with the previous logistics configuration I managed not to pay any taxes which amount approx to 25% of the declared value. Now this changed and I am waiting eagerly to see what will happen with the Mobley set I ordered 3 weeks ago.

I received an email from Fred at Mosaic this afternoon asking me to mail the box back to their new address(at their expense). I did so, and it wasn't any more expensive to mail than I had expected ($27.92 Canadian).

They are going to resend my order (wonder if they've heard from the guy in Belgium yet), and for my trouble, asked me to pick out another set to add to my order. So I selected the Basie '50's Verve set. Yes, I know it's a large and expensive set and it's one I've been looking at for a while. And because I picked that set, I told Mosaic not to bother reimbursing me for the postage. I think this is a pretty good deal for me.

I received an email from Fred at Mosaic this afternoon asking me to mail the box back to their new address(at their expense). I did so, and it wasn't any more expensive to mail than I had expected ($27.92 Canadian).

They are going to resend my order (wonder if they've heard from the guy in Belgium yet), and for my trouble, asked me to pick out another set to add to my order. So I selected the Basie '50's Verve set. Yes, I know it's a large and expensive set and it's one I've been looking at for a while. And because I picked that set, I told Mosaic not to bother reimbursing me for the postage. I think this is a pretty good deal for me.

EXCELLENT deal! Congrats! You'll love the Basie set. I preordered the Jamal set today. No problems...so far.

gregmo

With some arrangement with the previous logistics configuration I managed not to pay any taxes which amount approx to 25% of the declared value.

The Mosaic collectors are their #1 target for investigation I heard :-)

Sshhhh .... don't let the Greek Treasury know. Or the German one... :g

With some arrangement with the previous logistics configuration I managed not to pay any taxes which amount approx to 25% of the declared value.

Sshhhh .... don't let the Greek Treasury know. Or the German one... :g

The Mosaic collectors are their #1 target for investigation I heard :-)

Glad this worked out for you...

The Basie set is a good one... Good choice!

EXCELLENT deal! Congrats! You'll love the Basie set. I preordered the Jamal set today. No problems...so far.

gregmo

:tup Great service, as per usual with Mosaic.

Indeed. I just received an email from Fred thanking me for working with them and saying that they are resending my order including the Basie set on Monday. This will all have a good ending, at least for me and hopefully for Mosaic, as long as they get cooperation from the guy in Belgium....???

• 2 weeks later...

:tup Great service, as per usual with Mosaic.

Indeed. I just received an email from Fred thanking me for working with them and saying that they are resending my order including the Basie set on Monday. This will all have a good ending, at least for me and hopefully for Mosaic, as long as they get cooperation from the guy in Belgium....???

My order arrived yesterday, with the Basie added as per agreement. No taxes, no customs, no hassles. A few weeks late, but the addition of the Basie makes it all worthwhile. Very good customer service. I'm glad I could help Mosaic out, too.

Edited by John Tapscott

• 2 weeks later...

I was hesitant to post here, as my first impression was rather negative (several weeks longer for delivery), but by now I'm a happy camper again, as all the shipments since the change of system slipped through custom (three so far). Before, I usually had to pay taxes - I'd rather wait two weeks longer (which may - or may not - be caused by custom anyway) and not pay anything!