Hans (J.A.W) deleted my post

This is seriously worth a complaint?

not if the deleted post is not deleted from my post count!

:P

but seriously jim - who checks the checkers?

Why, the Czechs, of course!!!

checkers.jpg

And now back to my worldwide crusade against moderator tyranny. Down with the Man!!! Down with the Man!!! Down with the... er, could someone please point me to the Man here, comrades??? I can't seem to find him!!! It must be my old eyes, weary with the sight of so much oppression, that make the Man so difficult to locate in this latest grievance. :eye:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my post was neither inappropriate

Your post became inappropriate once the offending post it referred to was deleted. Remember, there are multiple definitions to the word. If you stick to "not conforming with accepted standards of propriety or taste; undesirable", then yeah, you have a reason to be miffed. But if you use "not suitable for a particular occasion etc.", it describes your post very well. It was not appropriate to leave your post in place as it would no longer fit in with the rest of the thread.

"Inappropriate" might be too strong a word, but "irrelevant" might not be. Of course, if all irrelevant posts on all threads were deleted, there'd not be all that much left... :g

Seriously, though, the moderators have established what seems to me to be a consistent patter in how they handle the threads in the commerce section. Like an umpire's strike zone on any given night, you may disagree with it, but at least you know what it is. Proceed accordingly, I recommend.

Do I need to outline the basics of common sense in the rules, too?

If an offending post is removed, any posts that reference the removed post should also be removed. That's just common sense. I really can't believe we're wasting time with this. Hans is doing a great job keeping things tidy around here. It's fine to "check the checkers" but there is no abuse of power here.

In all honesty, this appears to be a personal grudge masquerading as a forum problem.

Do I need to outline the basics of common sense in the rules, too?

If an offending post is removed, any posts that reference the removed post should also be removed. That's just common sense. I really can't believe we're wasting time with this. Hans is doing a great job keeping things tidy around here. It's fine to "check the checkers" but there is no abuse of power here.

In all honesty, this appears to be a personal grudge masquerading as a forum problem.

no jim you are mistaken about that. if you look at my first post it as addressed to the "Moderators". I do not know which moderator deleted my post in response to Trane's - nor is that important. i don't like censorship - i guess i am just a bit too liberal for y'all. no worries - i said my piece. now let's get back to talking jazz!