Where To Get Together?

Dan Gould

Which Location Would You Prefer to meet your fellow Organissimo-ers?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first choice is Lansing, for the reasons I've already mentioned, that the band is based there and it's the first hang, of I hope will be many more, maybe other places.

Also, that means that the arrangements would be centralized around the band and around the hang itself, rather than simply another sight-seeing trip. I'm sure that there are interesting things in Lansing and the Organissimo guys can hip us to what they are.

I voted for St. Louis, only because I could get to St. Louis pretty easily (from Kansas City), and my folks still live there too - so I'd be set for having a place to stay and all. My wife and I go to St. Louis fairly often too.

(And the odds of me getting to Lansing anytime soon, are probably pretty small - much as I might like to.)

I voted San Diego, because I've already got the beach house booked, all are welcome!

We could always pick an area that has the most members, say like.....,Texas!

If people are really serious about this I pick St. Louis, it's about 500 miles closer for me, and I have a brother around there somewhere. B)

I just voted for Lansing. Couldn't resist given my location. I am able to house someone as well if Lansing is selected.

If St. Louis wins out then I can probably make it there. Problem is that I'd be checking out the art museum and other places instead of hanging out with boardmembers all weekend. Too many distractions over there. ^_^

I realize there are other possibilities, but these seem to be the most popular.

I think the biggest question is whether Jim, Joe and Randy would be willing to travel or if they would prefer to have people come to them.

My vote is for Lansing... If it were to be held in Lansing there would be no traveling and lodging expenses for us, we wouldn't have to hassle with transporting our gear, and Jim wouldn't have to schlepp the B3 all the way to St. Louis and back..

I thought the number one point was to get together, not necessarily for the fellows to jam.

Also, is it remotely realistic to think that Lansing wouldn't write off every non-North American from this shindig? I mean, like I said before, getting to St. Lous is a snap; Lansing maybe not so much.

I thought the number one point was to get together, not necessarily for the fellows to jam.

Thanks Dan, I was beginning to wonder if I had missed something...

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing board members in the audience at a gig, but working a performance into the proposed hang adds a whole new layer of logistics to deal with.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing board members in the audience at a gig, but working a performance into the proposed hang adds a whole new layer of logistics to deal with.

In other words, Joe just wants to drink beer and look for chicks.

I can understand this completely.

While my own motto has always been "have mandolin will travel", sometimes I just want to drink beer and look for chicks. :tup;):P:g

Joe, I understand what you mean about the hang not being a busman's holiday. I suppose it could be, from your standpoint, like a doctor being asked for a diagnosis of somebody's skinrash, or a lawyer being asked for a legal opinion at a social gathering.

I know that I'm a little annoyed when attending events where I'm automatically assumed to be the one that immortalizes the event on film, just because I'm there.

I guess that some of us were just interested in seeing the band in it's natural habitat.

Presumptuous, perhaps.

Are you saying that Organissimo wouldn't be interested in showing the posters who attend the hang what they are about, musically???

In other words, Joe just wants to drink beer and look for chicks.

I can understand this completely.

While my own motto has always been "have mandolin will travel", sometimes I just want to drink beer and look for chicks. :tup;):P:g

See? Catesta understands! :D

Or Calgary in July when there is a great Jazz Festival??

I was interested in seeing Lansing because it is the home of Organissimo. If the band doesn't want us to hear them play, have the hang on a non-gig day. I understand the feeling that they are not performing bears. :D:rolleyes:

Edited by patricia

Patricia,

Actually I haven't been following this discussion as closely as I should be if I'm going to be making any comments. My bad. I just assumed that it was more along the lines of what Dan said, that it was more about the online friendships you all have fostered since before this website existed.

We'd love to play for y'all. It would be a blast. But where? We almost never play in Lansing, believe it or not. It's tough to get a gig in this town if you're not a vocal/blues band. There is one venue that we could rent (or perhaps book a ticketed performance at), and it would be a great place to hang as well: Creole Gallery. That just might work.

Well, that would be fun, and it would provide a focal point for such a gathering. Which would be a nessesity because, frankly, there's not much else going on in Lansing. :mellow:

Discuss.... ^_^