Kenny G toots his own horn.

DTMX

Apparently this guy has a strong opinion on Mr. G's music - and that of many others.

http://www.loserasshole.com/music/

With a website name like that - how can you go wrong?

Criminey, this is funny:

Dave Matthews and Band

Guess what Dave, it's been done before, and done better, it was called Joni Mitchell. Just because you hang out with musicians, it doesn't make you one. Your band hates you, and they only play with you because they're sellout whores who are choosing between you and $5 a night gigs in the East Village. (see Sting)

Where's the banging-head-on-table-laughing-so-hard smiley?

HAH! I finally got to the Kenny G quote:

Kenny G

If you think this man can play the saxaphone, you probably think Michael Bolton has a penis. Kenny G is the lamest friggin flat wind sack ever. AND, he certainly didn't set any world records with his pussy-ass 45 minute long tone. Rahsaan Roland Kirk played a 2 and a half hour long tone on tenor saxaphone, but nobody cares because he didn't have a big gay haircut and play fairy-fucker pentatonic parrot food.

After reading the news of Kenny G's attempt at destroying the small amount of Christmas Spirit I had managed to muster, I felt that strong measures were required, to stop the inexplicable ringing in my ears.

So, I poured myself a glass of good red wine [cork, not screw-top], quickly perused my meagre Christmas library of music and selected these as an antidote:

In The Christmas Mood - The Glenn Miller Orchestra

Christmas Cookin' - Jimmy Smith

The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole [old, hackneyed, but I was desparate, OK?]

Christmas With Mahalia - Mahalia Jackson

and

In The Nutcracker Mood - Glenn Miller Orchestra

Please, I beg of you. Mention not the name of Kenny G, ever again, especially when my grip on Christmassy joyousness is tenuous.

Thank you and Merry Christmas All!! :wub:

Edited by patricia

Jim, I was embarrassed because I had no idea who Jeff Lorber was.

After a little surfing and checking, the embarrassment faded... :g

what did the Lorber dude do to deserve a hard time at the pearly gates? Inquisitive minds want to know! (rather lazy than inquisitive, but the latter sounds much better don't it?) Minds who are quite fearful for what they may find at that. :rfr

what did the Lorber dude do to deserve a hard time at the pearly gates?

Some quotes from his website biography: "He simply drew from artists he admired - from Herbie Hancock, Tower of Power, Miles Davis, to The Paul Butterfield Blues Band - combined those influences, simmered slowly and somehow discovered a sound that has withstood the test of time."

"My group, Grover Washington, Jr. and Spyro Gyra crafted more of a synthesis of jazz, R&B and latin rhythms where melody was as, if not more, important than wailing solos and hardcore chops."

Jim, I was embarrassed because I had no idea who Jeff Lorber was.

After a little surfing and checking, the embarrassment faded... :g

what did the Lorber dude do to deserve a hard time at the pearly gates? Inquisitive minds want to know! (rather lazy than inquisitive, but the latter sounds much better don't it?) Minds who are quite fearful for what they may find at that. :rfr

He hired the fairy-fucker pentatonic parrot food horn blower. :lol:

Yeah, Lorber was one of the guys who lived on the border between "fusion" and "smooth jazz", might even be considered a "transitional figure" between the two. Some of his stuff was pretty nice, some wasn't. But he DID have this saxophone player for a while named Kenny Gorelick, a player who actually showed a little spunk once in a while. To skip about 3 or 4 levels of reasoning, it just goes to show you that we all have choices to make along the way, so choose wisely.

Yeah, Lorber was one of the guys who lived on the border between "fusion" and "smooth jazz", might even be considered a "transitional figure" between the two.

Only by calling his music fusion and giving it a bad name! :lol: I used to call it happy jazz, but that never caught on... :w