Another possible electronic/ambient solo CD?

Jim Alfredson

Much to my surprise, last night I gathered together a bunch of tunes I've been working on in the electronic/ambient vein and realized I have over 90 minutes of music pretty much ready to go. I need to whittle it down to around 65 or so, but I'm curious if those who purchased "In Memorandom" have any interest in another solo disc of that kind of material from me?

"In Memorandom" paid for itself (the cost of mastering / duplication) and that's all I'm really looking for at this point. I would need to sell 40 copies at $25 a pop to break even on this project. "In Memorandom" eventually sold all 100 limited edition copies (there are a few copies still available via the Big O Store, over-prints that are not signed) but it took about a year. It did pay for itself by the pre-orders, though.

The new collection is more rhythmic, with layers of arpeggios, big thick analog pads, and sequences. I used mainly analog synthesizers this time around, including the Alesis Andromeda, DSI Mopho Keyboard, Studio Electronics ATC-x, and the Moog Voyager. The only digital synth I used was the plug-in Alchemy (an amazing synthesizer) and the Groove Agent drum machine software. Lots of outboard analog effects, too like the Moog phaser pedal. Even some organ courtesy of the Hammond XM2. Of course, that description doesn't totally encapsulate the whole project. Lots of variety, as with "In Memorandom".

I can post some sound clips soon, but just trying to gauge the interest.

Thanks!

If you feel the need to do it, do it. Definitely. $400.00 to break even should be very do-able.

Any possibility of you hooking up w/some Detroit techno/house guys to put your chocolate in their peanut butter (or vice-versa/whatever)? I'd really be interested in hearing that Reese's cup.

No matter, keep exploring, please. The point where you get to where you start finding questions that don't have answers (at least not ready ones) is the most fun point of all. Onward!

Edited by JSngry