ebay madness re: vinyl

is it possible ?

Yes everything is possible when it comes to Blue Note.

(Who are those guys, by the way ?)

One of them's a trumpet player who had a brief spurt of popularity in the mid sixties, before lapsing back into obscurity. Another is a completely obscure tenor player. :D

MG

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look at this second press : sunday at the village vanguard

how is that a second pressing?

No "real" deep Grove, typical late reissue. very near an original, but a slight difrence in the deep groove. Samples below are not very clear...the first two are originals DG, the last is repress.

120177642563.jpg

300139185111.jpg

190108974738.jpg

Edited by Michel

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The hand-painted Pullen-Graves? The first time I saw it on eBay (2002?) it was about $1,200 and I haven't seen it end cheaper than that since.

$400 for the second, gold-cover edition, sure...

edit: quick check of Popsike and $1,500 is the lowest with a second edition just shy of a grand... I have Nommo and can live with that.

Edited by clifford_thornton

The hand-painted Pullen-Graves? The first time I saw it on eBay (2002?) it was about $1,200 and I haven't seen it end cheaper than that since.

$400 for the second, gold-cover edition, sure...

edit: quick check of Popsike and $1,500 is the lowest with a second edition just shy of a grand... I have Nommo and can live with that.

It went for $966.60

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've seen all kinds of silliness, but when did American bootleg labels ever send out promo copies? That's what this TMOQ audience recorded bootleg of a part of Frank Zappa's 1970 200 Motels concert at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion claims to be. My guess is that someone added the promo stamps after the fact.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FRANK-ZAPPA-20-MOTELS-PINK-WAX-PROMO-TMOQ_W0QQitemZ260554575195QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item3caa434d5b#ht_500wt_975

In any case, this music, including portions not released on record, has been circulating among collectors for some time.