JUST DISCOVERED HANK MOBLEY I DIDNT KNOW EXISTED BEFORE

its 1:50 am, went out to get a drink and some tacos, ending up rifling through the trash, beneth a dirty undershirt and some stinky poo poo pants diapers, look what was there: THE WORLDS GREATEST MUSIC SERIES "POP" JAZZ: an artia-parliment industries, inc. prod. catalog no. WGM-2B HIGH FIDELITY. VOLUME 2B: which is discs 6-10. as stated on the labels: "from the catalogue of roulette records. birdland series."

disc 9 is the real interesting one....check it out! a new addition to the mobe discography, WTF.:shrug[1]:

(the trks from the mon. night at birdland stuff)

post-3075-0-42676500-1311411330_thumb.jp

Edited by chewy

Relax, chewy!

THAT'S NOT THE DISCOVERY OF THE CENTURY

That Mobley Jamph is from the Roulette album 'Another Monday Night at Birdland'.

Just like that Minor Strain is from the Roulette album 'The Birdland Story'.

Shame on you if you don't already have them :smirk:

Now let's find out what was Morris Levy's cut on that release!

That Woody Herman track must have been from the Roulette 'At The Round Table' release.

Morris Levy sure got his money's worth with his propagation of these tracks. :rolleyes:

No - that's the pictures of Hank in the Nica 'Three Wishes' book. Glad I had another perusal of that book in the last few days. Looks like one of those photos is of Hank in a front line with Woody Shaw.

"Rifling through the trash?"

Never a bad idea to pay attention when opening the dumpster. I once found a bil ol' box full of reel-to-reel tapes that a neighbor had thrown out. Nothing of interest on them, as it turned out, but I had dubbing material to spare for about a year!

belated notice of mainstream media MOBLEY love, a pretty rare thing these days.

http://hilobrow.com/2011/07/07/hank-mobley/

not many words but some is mo' than none.

Relax, chewy!

That Mobley Jamph is from the Roulette album 'Another Monday Night at Birdland'.

Just like that Minor Strain is from the Roulette album 'The Birdland Story'.

Shame on you if you don't already have them :smirk:

Now let's find out what was Morris Levy's cut on that release!

Gotta ask what led you at 2 am. to a curbside barrel which you stuck your arm in and pulled out soiled nappys in the expectation of finding vinyl underneath.

Were you tipped off or led by an invisible hand? Your story ranks in the pantheon of record hunting.

He's a better man than I. I would have stopped when I struck soiled nappys (I already have a hat).