Anyone else here bought some CDs that you haven't listened to yet?

Hardbopjazz

Add me to the guilty list.

Sometimes the hunt is the highlight...

You know you will get to them eventually-but as the list grows you know you must

wait till retirement till you find time.

But the hunt never ends

Many of us continue though to hit the used bins at least a few times a month looking for "finds" as we are addicted...

I plead "the fifth"... <_<

This post should be shifted to the poetry thread. I leave it to you to decide on a title. :smirk:

I realized I have a bought a few CDs this year that I haven't even opened yet. One being "The Storyteller" by Randy Weston. I bought it back in February. I know this because I still have the receipt. I'm a big fan of Weston. I don't know why I haven't listen to the CD yet. Anyone else done this?

Nope, I think you and GA are the only ones. :w^_^

Yeah, that NEVER happens to me!!!! ;):rofl:

Add me to the guilty list.

Sometimes the hunt is the highlight...

You know you will get to them eventually-but as the list grows you know you must

wait till retirement till you find time.

But the hunt never ends

Many of us continue though to hit the used bins at least a few times a month looking for "finds" as we are addicted...

What my Jazzbro said!!!

I realized I have bought a few CDs this year that I haven't even opened yet. One being "The Storyteller" by Randy Weston. I bought it back in February. I know this because I still have the receipt. I'm a big fan of Weston. I don't know why I haven't listen to the CD yet. Anyone else done this?

I guess we're like squirrels laying in a supply of acorns for the long winter. Of course, the winter is almost never long enough to get through the accumulated supply but you never know what you might need. Better safe than sorry.

I have not played everything I own. I find box sets tough to get through and through a job change the at work and commute listening time is pretty much gone. I keep telling myself to buy less and listen to what i have but it does not seem to work, i just don`t listen to my own advice very well.

I try to listen to everything twice before I put it away. I'm in my car driving to LA and back at least once a week so I usually have one day a week with 3-4 hours listening. I try not to buy new things while I have unopened cds around. (Hence I put off ordering Chuck's two new releases until last week when I finally finished hearing all of the Lunceford Mosaic and the Miles '67 box.)

Now DVD: s that's another matter. I get sent a lot of them during the Academy Award season and it takes me a while to get to them all. Sort of like homework, so any older films I get on DVD have to wait-- sometimes for years.

I normally listen within 24 hours - usually on the hour's commute to work in the motor.

Books is another matter, there's a pile I've bought and haven't read - mainly art books that are too big to read in the bath (I've looked at all the pictures though).