sickening penn state football allegations

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somewhat amazing that I was able get everyone including the site's owner to say one way or another the same thing. Even the moderator's only problem with me is with the way I said it, doesn't agree with him.

If I can only find a way to bottle and market this power.

At least we gave Uli the show he wanted.

Edited by Blue Train

Meanwhile back at the ranch......

In thursday's Dallas Morning News there was an interesting column, discussing Sandusky's wife Dottie.

It is pretty bizarre how she stands by her man throughout this whole tawdry affair, emphatically denying that she heard nothing, no screams etc coming from 'downstairs' where good old Jerry went to tuck in his house guests.

It is asserted in some circles that she herself should be in a cell of her own. She is almost as culpable as Jerry. She had to have known this creep's predilections.

Okay, I said this as classy as I could.

Edited by slide_advantage_redoux

In today's Dallas Morning News there was an interesting column, discussing Sandusky's wife Dottie.

It is pretty bizarre how she stands by her man throughout this whole tawdry affair, emphatically denying that she heard nothing, no screams etc coming from 'downstairs' where good old Jerry went to tuck in his house guests.

It is asserted in some circles that she herself should be in a cell of her own. She is almost as culpable as Jerry. She had to have known this creep's predilections.

That actually happens a lot in these situations.

Going to sleep. As head of the Illuminati, Freemasons and NWO...I will be putting in a call to every member (which apparently includes this board's owner.) on what exactly they should post even when I am not awake, or even around.

P.S. Just for the record....am I allowed to bring up other member's family members (not that I would ever think to be so classless, or desperate.) in a mocking way, or is that just something only allowed to be done to me?

Taking into account I didn't even bring up any family members in my one offending post, I can't imagine WTF? kind of pm I would have received if I was the one posting them.

Should be interesting to see what the "moderators" make of things.

Edited by Blue Train

Going to sleep.

Oh, good! Sleep well, hope you have better dreams than I did. Was tossing and turning all night wondering which of my favorite breweries the InBev behemoth will swallow up next!! Yikes! I'm just a wreck this morning! :ph34r:

As head of the Illuminati, Freemasons and NWO...I will be putting in a call to every member (which apparently includes this board's owner.) on what exactly they should post even when I am not awake, or even around.

P.S. Just for the record....am I allowed to bring up other member's family members (not that I would ever think to be so classless, or desperate.) in a mocking way, or is that just something only allowed to be done to me.

Well, since you asked......I'd prefer it if you'd take a deep breath....exit this fun luvin' thread and head over to the 'Digression thread' to post some thoughts re: several rather pressing matters:

1) Should the bulk of Americans go with a vinegar-based....or tomato-based BBQ sauce for ribs on the grill this coming July 4th?

2) Help me figure out where the embassy is for newly created (2011?) South Sudan? Is there one? On Mass Ave in D.C.? Wisconsin Ave up by Pearson's Liquors?? Where? I need to know. :mellow:

I'll meet ya over there 'cause I have some thoughts I'd like to share about the indoor rowing tanks at the boathouse over at the US Naval Academy out in Annapolis.

post-120-0-88279300-1340976574_thumb.jpg

FWIW, because these moderator-behavior matters keep cropping up, I sent this as a PM to someone a few weeks ago:

I now realize that the overriding/general moderator principle is not so much to take note of past injuries and/or to punish the guilty/administer justice (if indeed the latter were even possible) but to do one's best to keep things functioning as smoothly as possible here.

In thursday's Dallas Morning News there was an interesting column, discussing Sandusky's wife Dottie.

I think you are spot on.

She had to have suspected something, I figure.

Going to sleep.

Oh, good! Sleep well, hope you have better dreams than I did. Was tossing and turning all night wondering which of my favorite breweries the InBev behemoth will swallow up next!! Yikes! I'm just a wreck this morning! :ph34r:

Since I avoid InBev brands....happy to say, I slept very peacefully.

As head of the Illuminati, Freemasons and NWO...I will be putting in a call to every member (which apparently includes this board's owner.) on what exactly they should post even when I am not awake, or even around.

P.S. Just for the record....am I allowed to bring up other member's family members (not that I would ever think to be so classless, or desperate.) in a mocking way, or is that just something only allowed to be done to me.

Well, since you asked......I'd prefer it if you'd take a deep breath....exit this fun luvin' thread and head over to the 'Digression thread' to post some thoughts re: several rather pressing matters:

1) Should the bulk of Americans go with a vinegar-based....or tomato-based BBQ sauce for ribs on the grill this coming July 4th?

If I had to rank my favorite types of BBQ and sauces.

Texas

K.C.

Memphis

East Carolina

2) Help me figure out where the embassy is for newly created (2011?) South Sudan? Is there one? On Mass Ave in D.C.? Wisconsin Ave up by Pearson's Liquors?? Where? I need to know. :mellow:

I haven't been there, but I am pretty sure it's in the same building as the one for Vietnam.

I'll meet ya over there 'cause I have some thoughts I'd like to share about the indoor rowing tanks at the boathouse over at the US Naval Academy out in Annapolis.

I know Hubbard Hall. Have had a few family members to go to both Academies. One currently will be a Second Classman there and another a First at WP....we still love the latter. haha

Like I said, I tend to avoid non-musical/books/film related threads. Having said that. I will try to check in there in the future.

Edited by Blue Train

And maybe now we can get at the truth of the whole matter.

But please note: Paterno is not named nor was he a part of the cover-up according to the article. In fact, Paterno did what he was supposed to do:

Paterno testified before a grand jury that McQueary was "very upset" and said he saw Sandusky "doing something with a youngster. It was a sexual nature," according to a transcript. Paterno testified he told his boss, Curley. Curley and Schultz contacted McQueary about a week and half later about the incident.

In an alleged e-mail dated February 26, 2001, Schultz writes to Curley that he assumes Curley's "got the ball" about a three-part plan to "talk with the subject asap regarding the future appropriate use of the University facility," ... "contacting the chair of the charitable organization" and "contacting the Department of Welfare," according to a source with knowledge of the case.

Further, according to Pennsylvania law, Paterno did exactly what he was supposed to do which was to report to his boss and they must do this:

Pennsylvania law requires suspected child abuse be reported to outside authorities, including the state's child welfare agencies.

Then, according to the article, Curley and the other Penn State authorities decided to not notify authorities and instead try to cover it all up with a "more humane" way of dealing with it all.

Again, Paterno was not a part of any of that.

The trial, of course, will reveal more, I am certain.

Edited by GoodSpeak

But please note: Paterno is not named nor was he a part of the cover-up according to the article. In fact, Paterno did what he was supposed to do:

Paterno testified before a grand jury that McQueary was "very upset" and said he saw Sandusky "doing something with a youngster. It was a sexual nature," according to a transcript. Paterno testified he told his boss, Curley. Curley and Schultz contacted McQueary about a week and half later about the incident.

In an alleged e-mail dated February 26, 2001, Schultz writes to Curley that he assumes Curley's "got the ball" about a three-part plan to "talk with the subject asap regarding the future appropriate use of the University facility," ... "contacting the chair of the charitable organization" and "contacting the Department of Welfare," according to a source with knowledge of the case.

Further, according to Pennsylvania law, Paterno did exactly what he was supposed to do which was to report to his boss and they must do this:

Pennsylvania law requires suspected child abuse be reported to outside authorities, including the state's child welfare agencies.

Then, according to the article, Curley and the other Penn State authorities decided to not notify authorities and instead try to cover it all up with a "more humane" way of dealing with it all.

Is not the whole purpose of a "Mandated Reporter" is that you are to report to the police, not to your supervisor alone? That's always been my understanding, and I've always told my employees that also -- that it is not me who makes the determination whether you report or not to the police, that the person is required by law to file a report themselves. I could be wrong....

Ended up deleting the post by mistake. I am still not used to the delete being where the edit button is everywhere else. As well as an extra step to make sure you're not accidentally deleting something. I will eventually get used to it. I am not going to type if all out again.

"Saint" Paterno apparently not only might have been involved. "Saint" Paterno might have been the one to convince them to not report it....after they had finally decided to report it 16-days after "Saint" Paterno was first informed. At the bare minimim....he knew they had not done a thing up to 17-days after he was first told. His response was to not do anything....well except possibly convince them to not report it at all.

After Tim Curley spoke to "Saint" Paterno....they went from they were going to report it to the Dept. of Welfare....to they didn't report a single thing.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/29/sandusky-e-mails-revealed/?hpt=ac_mid

They have only hit the tip of the iceberg in terms of emails and documents. The only thing any criminal/civil case will prove is was he involved in a cover-up and how much he was involved.

Before the possible cover-up...."Saint" Paterno did the absolute minimum (up to a week after he was informed) legally possible. Once he knew 17-days had gone by and they didn't do anything and he didn't care....for both of those alone he deserves to be in hell if there is a hell.

Edited by Blue Train

In other words, Paterno's actions were not criminal, just morally reprehensible.

Lurking at the Penn State Scout board, this has really shaken the cult, with only the most rabid of the koolaid drinkers giving JoePa a pass on this. Since he's dead anyway, it doesn't really matter except to the few fanatics that also believe in the purity of amateur athletics.

I'm really anxious to see what the NCAA Inspector Clouseaus do with this. I'm very confident that their witless gumshoes won't do the right thing, like busting that program down from varsity to "club" status for the next decade or so. They'll do something completely inappropriate like state that anybody receiving a settlement from the school loses all eligibility because of violating the sacred oath that revenues only go to the kollidges or the NCAA itself. Yes I'm kidding; but only a bit.

In other words, Paterno's actions were not criminal, just morally reprehensible.

Only if reporting an allegation of sexual misconduct with a minor can be considered morally reprehensible.

Is not the whole purpose of a "Mandated Reporter" is that you are to report to the police, not to your supervisor alone? That's always been my understanding, and I've always told my employees that also -- that it is not me who makes the determination whether you report or not to the police, that the person is required by law to file a report themselves. I could be wrong....

Not if you want an air-tight case for conviction.

The mandated reporter must go through the proper channels. This way the molester's defense attorney can't wriggle out from under the charge by claiming some sort breach of the law and get his client off on a technicality. It also protects the rights of the child by creating a paper trail used by the prosecution to file charges against the attacker and/or protect the victim from retaliation.

Procedures must be followed to the letter or the guy could walk away free or worse, the victim continues to be molested or even beaten for ratting the bastard out. It also protects the mandated reporter from retaliation.

Forensics and criminal procedures follow the very same protocol. The more checks and balances and investigative reporting you have the easier it is to convict. Otherwise, it's just your word against the attacker's. After all, the goal is to put the criminal behind bars. True?

Note: For those who think this is giving Joe Paterno a free pass, they apparently do not understand how the law of the land must be satisfied in order to convict the real criminal. Curley, Schultz, et al didn't follow through, they violated the law and enabled that dirtball to continue molesting kids.

Edited by GoodSpeak

I'm not going to play amateur lawyer (though I regard PSU's conduct throughout as reprehensible), but I do give the University considerable credit for commissioning the "Freeh investigation"*.

*even though it may just have been to cover the U's collective arse... ;)