Elin Nordegren Demolishes $12 Million Mansion

Yeah, that's just beyond disgusting...it wouldn't matter how much money I had, I could never do something that wasteful...good news for some construction company though. :rolleyes:

I agree, it would have been much more ethical to sell the house and donate the money to a good charity. But I'll point out that wrecking the house was probably not as wasteful as building it in the first place.

"Why in the world is she still in Florida? Wouldn't you want to move back home for good?"

Because Florida has no state income taxes.

This is NOT the reason she is still in Florida!!! In a divorce situation, one parent CANNOT arbitrarily move the children away from the other parent. If Tiger had a lawyer worth his/her salt (and you know he did), this type of stipulation was written into his settlement agreement, especially since his ex is a native of another country.

"Why in the world is she still in Florida? Wouldn't you want to move back home for good?"

Because Florida has no state income taxes.

This is NOT the reason she is still in Florida!!! In a divorce situation, one parent CANNOT arbitrarily move the children away from the other parent. If Tiger had a lawyer worth his/her salt (and you know he did), this type of stipulation was written into his settlement agreement, especially since his ex is a native of another country.

A good rule, I'd say.

In the case of Canada, my newest grandson (adorable pictures available on request) has had his own passport since he was three weeks old, and cannot travel ourside the country with only one parent unless said parent has the notarized permission of the other. Not a problem in this particular case, as the parents are happily married, but the risk of 'kidnapping' is lessened.

Said grandchild, BTW, at nine months old has already been to Ireland, India, Nepal and currently Turks and Caicos Islands. But never Scarborough. (Sorry: inside joke for Torontonians).

I strongly suspect that the bulk of the $12 million price tag was for the land, not the building.

She razed the building, but plans to replace it with one more to her liking. Her improvements may indeed make the property more valuable.

I patiently await her taking Tiger to court for more alimony, you know, to support her lifestyle :rolleyes: .

Add this to the "maybe we should reserve judgement until we have more of the facts" file.

My link

"But sources told People magazine her decision was for more than vanity -- the oceanfront 1920s house was infested with termites and not compliant with hurricane building codes -- and that she gave a local Habitat for Humanity group a month to salvage usable materials and fittings before the demolition."

Edited by mikelz777

Add this to the "maybe we should reserve judgement until we have more of the facts" file.

My link

"But sources told People magazine her decision was for more than vanity -- the oceanfront 1920s house was infested with termites and not compliant with hurricane building codes -- and that she gave a local Habitat for Humanity group a month to salvage usable materials and fittings before the demolition."

Yes. But the news media was quick to conclude she was wasting money for the hell of it.

Yes. But the news media was quick to conclude she was wasting money for the hell of it.

The news media? What about yourself? :blush:

I guess when you didn't actually earn the money yourself, you don't give a shit or appreciate the money. $12 million is more money than most of us will see.

The news media? What about yourself? :blush:

I guess when you didn't actually earn the money yourself, you don't give a shit or appreciate the money. $12 million is more money than most of us will see.

Touché.

Mitt Romney bulldozes his house, wins Iowa caucuses. <_<

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20095535-503544.html

And how many trillions has the current president wasted in 3 years??? Try to keep politics in the politics section please... :mellow:

... He says while making his own political swipe. Now here's a guy for whom hypocrisy comes oh so easy.