Ray Bradbury dies at 91

I'm going to be honest and say that when they kept talking about his official biographer (some dude in Chicago) and how lucky he was that Ray really opened up to him, I thought Mr. Bradbury had already passed on a few years back. Anyway, he left quite a legacy. RIP.

I've been fortunate enough to meet Ray several times over the years and he was a truly lovely man and a wonderful writer. One of my favorite quotes of his: "Jump, and you will find out how to unfold your wings as you fall." RIP, Ray.

As a teenager, I was fortunate to see Rad Bradbury give a lecture at Pomona College. He was then and still is one my most favorite fiction writers. I have taught several of his short stories to my students and am very sad to learn of his passing.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Bradbury.

This morning as I was grabbing a cup of joe at the corner coffee house a young man walked in covered in tattoos. The only spot on his body that wasn't covered by clothing or tattoos was his face. I immediately thought to myself,"ah the Illustrated Man." It was the first time I had thought of Bradbury in years. It wasn't until sometime later when I got to work and caught up on web surfing that I found out he had died this morning. Weird.