LF: New York Art Quartet - Mohawk - Fontana Japan CD

J.A.W.

I'm looking for this CD in excellent or better condition (NO CD-R):

New York Art Quartet - Mohawk - Fontana (Japan) PHCE 1003

PayPal is my only payment option.

Please PM me if you're selling one or know where I can get one. Thanks.

Edited by J.A.W.

Why don't you just order from Downtown Music Gallery. They have most of the fontanas "reissues" available.

Several reasons: these are CD-Rs and, as I said in my first post, I don't want a CD-R, and I'm not going to support activities such as selling unauthorized CD-Rs of copyrighted material.

Edited by J.A.W.

Why don't you just order from Downtown Music Gallery. They have most of the fontanas "reissues" available.

Several reasons: these are CD-Rs and, as I said in my first post, I don't want a CD-R, and I'm not going to support activities such as selling unauthorized CD-Rs of copyrighted material.

Do they at least clearly advertise these discs as CD-Rs? When I last ordered from them through their own website (not eBay) some years back they only made a distinction between new and used discs without going into specifics about the condition used discs were in. I only ordered new DIW discs from them (with complete satisfaction).

Do they at least clearly advertise these discs as CD-Rs? When I last ordered from them through their own website (not eBay) some years back they only made a distinction between new and used discs without going into specifics about the condition used discs were in. I only ordered new DIW discs from them (with complete satisfaction).

See post #7 in the Movie Gold thread:

I wish that these Fontana recordings were re-issued by Universal Japan. So many recordings get re-issued every year, it seems. Why not these?

Might have something to do with the rights?

After a few of these "Roling" CD's myself but am reluctant to pay the high prices (whenever they do turn up) - maybe I should search out the LP's (some of the "Roling" covers were Japanese LP issue only AFAIK)

I'm fascinated by the cover art - those 16 (are there more?) lithographed covers designed by Marte are my favourite Jazz LP sleeves - wasn't aware that she based her designs on some of our own Brownie's (Guy Kopelowicz) photographs

http://jazzlab.iwarp...discography.htm

They would make a wonderful reissue/facsimile LP box set

I'm also hoping the Japanese will reissue the series again on CD

Edited by romualdo

The ownership of the entire series is divided between (original owners) Danish Debut, Black Lion (Alan Bates), Fontana, Riverside, etc. Much confusion between owners Fontana and Black Lion (Freedom). Bates lost much of his holdings to DA and only Japanese Universal takes a chance.

I could type a couple of pages about this.

I'm fascinated by the cover art - those 16 (are there more?) lithographed covers designed by Marte are my favourite Jazz LP sleeves - wasn't aware that she based her designs on some of our own Brownie's (Guy Kopelowicz) photographs

http://jazzlab.iwarp...discography.htm

They would make a wonderful reissue/facsimile LP box set

I'm also hoping the Japanese will reissue the series again on CD

That reminds me, I gotta tell my buddy to fix that site - there's an error.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...