MLB 2013 Season

Who are the strongest, most deserving candidates for the All Star team from YOUR team?

For Washington it's Jordan Zimmermann and Ian Desmond. I would also say Gio Gonzalez who has really been very good but hasn't gotten winning decisions. Still the team usually wins when he pitches.

Buster Posey.

Hands down.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On Father's Day, while we were in LA [Playboy Jazz Festival/Magic Mountain], my son took me to an Angels vs Yankees game [not Giants, but it was still baseball] and we got to see a bit of history: Mariano Ramirez, the last man to wear #42, pitched in the last inning. Angels almost pulled off the sweep, but it was a fun day anyhow. :g

Mariano Ramirez????

Manny signs with the Rangerss

Just a minor league deal, otherwise the ultimate WTF?...except when you think of it as getting Josh Hamilton back for realistic dollars & years.

And even then...

It seems like if anyone could keep hitting into his 40s like Julio Franco did it'd be Manny. Juice or no. The odds are against it, but worth a shot in the minors. (I'm rooting for him). :ph34r:

Unbelievable to consider but afer last night's game Mets and Giants have basically the same record. I expected something like being 9 under .500 from the Mets but not the Giants.

Based on what I've seen from the last two games, the Mets are a better team right now than the Giants. Sure that won't last but the Giants need to get it in gear soon.

The Royals just beat the Yankees for the second straight game in New York!

This is one of the most unlikely sentences I have ever typed.

It's déjà vu! Everything is cyclical and Yankees are not what they used to be and KC is on the way back.

OK.

Giants just plain suck.

I was there Sunday when they blew yet another game...and to the hated Dodgers, fer crissakes. Then they can't beat the Mets? The stinkin' Mets? :blink: What in the hell is going ON here?

And Puig is no more an All-Star than Justin Beiber is a singer. Puig is a one month wonder and Beiber is pre-packaged pretend artist. Neither possess the qualities necessary for high praise and accolades deserving enough to be placed in the high esteem of proven quality performers.

Only Beiber has been at his craft longer. Edge: Beiber. Puig is a flash in the pan with an attitude.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Hey! The Giants win one!

Woo-hoo.

BTW, Dodgers fans....looks like your Puig is wearing out his welcome around the league:

First, he bellows insults at SF's Sergio Romo. Then he completely ignores D-Back's Luis Gonzalez when Gonzalez introduced himself. Both men are WS Champions and Puig totally disrespected them. Next, he [and Juan Uribe] got into a heated argument with an ESPN reporter.

The guy's a jerk and clearly not classy enough to carry the bat boy's shoes of the opposing team. He needs to learn some respect.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-0712-dodgers-notes-20130712,0,3907865.story

Edited by GoodSpeak