MLB 2013 Season

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is remarkable if true and I'd love to see A-Rod and Braun go down for 100 games, but I can't understand why the owner of the clinic would agree to turn over everything to MLB, essentially announcing to law enforcement that he was a dope dealer. Maybe they were already going to take him down but why admit it all now? I don't think MLB's lawsuit against him was going anywhere, either.

What if A-Rod gets suspended for 100 games without pay, does that count against the Yanks salary figures? I ask, because I'm thinking that if A-rod doesn't get off the DL this season, he'll be suspended for 100 games in 2014. If his salary doesn't count because of the suspension, the Yanks have a much easier time of getting under the magic $189 million mark.

I read somewhere recently that you can be on the DL and be serving a suspension, which makes no sense but that's what I read, and it was on the internet so it must be true.

Anyway, I don't think suspensions have anything to do with the payroll calculation, A-Rod's money is a sunk cost in that calculation. And given the fact that the player's union would surely dispute any suspension, if MLB gets its way, I think any suspensions will carry over into 2014 just because of how long it will take to adjudicate.

Dodgers and Giants ownership / players or MLB should make this right...

yes

I agree.

Dodger thugs abound in games played at both ATT and that ditch called Chavez Ravine. Trust me. I have seen the drunken and overly tattoo inked thugs in SF. They are punks. They spend their time dogging vocal Giants fans. They drink copious amounts of alcohol, run their mouths incessantly and threaten even the most passive Giants fan.

Why anyone should have to worry about getting a beating just because he is the other team's fan is beyond any reasonable explanation.

The Dodgers suck and so do their tattooed, fat, ignorant fans...who sporadically show up for games at Chavez Ravine.

The place is a ghost town.

Edited by GoodSpeak

On Father's Day, while we were in LA [Playboy Jazz Festival/Magic Mountain], my son took me to an Angels vs Yankees game [not Giants, but it was still baseball] and we got to see a bit of history: Mariano Ramirez, the last man to wear #42, pitched in the last inning. Angels almost pulled off the sweep, but it was a fun day anyhow. :g

Edited by GoodSpeak

Who are the strongest, most deserving candidates for the All Star team from YOUR team?

For Washington it's Jordan Zimmermann and Ian Desmond. I would also say Gio Gonzalez who has really been very good but hasn't gotten winning decisions. Still the team usually wins when he pitches.

Edited by Neal Pomea