MLB 2013 Season

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never cheered for anyone being hit by the pitch. However,

Mr. April - 15th on all time hit by pitcher list.

Barroid with more AB than Mr April - 67th...and his were mostly a result of his stance and why he needed the elbow armor (which along with looking the other way with all the PEDs (oh yeah, Flaxseed oil)....MLB grandfathered his using it when they cracked down on their use.)....which also eventually lead to him getting hit more by the pitcher....as well as more of an advantage on top of all the PEDS (I know....you're going to say PED didn't have anything to do with it....don't waste everyone's time with fairy tales.)....by allowing him to lean in more, the elbow armor also helped him probably as much as the PEDS. Everyone focuses on the PEDs but forgets the elbow armor aspect.

Anyway, in this day and age pitchers don't purposely hit a batter anywhere as much like they did back in the day.

Edited by Blue Train

Whenever there is a scandal involving a NYC ballclub I read the tabloids. Here an interesting article nicely titled

Because of Alex Rodriguez, the Yankees' Bronx Zoo is again open for business

Like I said earlier....it's like his new lawyer is really setting up an appeal for incompetent defense for Mr. April. Either that, or he's trying to get fired.

Edited by Blue Train

I saw his new layer getting interviewed by Matt Lauer this morning...Bryant Gumbal or Bob Costas would've had this guy as an extra helping of pancakes, but in typical current-Today fashion, Matt Lauer took a stern tone, asked nothing pressing, and accepted nothing of substance in response, all the while sounding more stern by the second.

You know, I find it interesting how the Yankees fans get upset over A-Rod being plunked when they "applauded" with glee every time Barry Bonds was nailed by a pitch.

What bulllshit. I watched the game, and Dumpster's post-game denial. Joe Girardi was right, he's a f**king coward.

Again Arod shouldn't even be playing.....,

I do find it funny this one time vs the Sox

No matter what your opinion may be, he has the right to appeal his suspension under the contract that was agreed to by the players and the owners. When the appeal is decided only the arbitrator's opinion will matter.

Edited by paul secor

You know, I find it interesting how the Yankees fans get upset over A-Rod being plunked when they "applauded" with glee every time Barry Bonds was nailed by a pitch.

I'm a Yankee fan and I didn't care at all whenever Bonds was HBP, and as Blue Train pointed out, Bonds crowded the plate and wore body armor that led to more HBP.Did you see or hear about any celebrations by Yankee fans over Bonds being HBP? Who are all these Yankee fans upset about A-Roid getting plunked? The NY dailies(News & Post) had nothing on it, and I'm a Yankee fan and I thought it was no big deal. It sounds like you're in the fact-free zone.

Anyone know the Cub's magic number?

Or is that tragic number?:) Better days may be ahead, as the Cubs did get rid of some bad contracts this year.

Edited by PHILLYQ

Anyone know the Cub's magic number?

Not clear if you're asking:

1. About the season? When the season started it was already over.

2. The Curse of the Goat? Hopefully in my children's lifetime.

3. $500 million non-tax payer money to renovate Wrigley. In this day and age that alone is a miracle. Detroit is in bankruptcy and they're going to spend close to a billion on a new hockey stadium.

4. You have to to figure if Ricketts is willing to spend $500 million of his and his family's money just on renovations. They're serious on breaking the Curse.

Edited by Blue Train

What bulllshit. I watched the game, and Dumpster's post-game denial. Joe Girardi was right, he's a f**king coward.

Well, I might say the same about the pitchers who drilled Bonds...or walked him incessantly.

Besides, the fans who love that Bonds got hit, but have a problem with A-Rod getting nailed was my complaint.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Bonds wasn't drilled. He purposelessly put himself in a position to be hit....and even then....the time he was drilled on purpose....not anywhere as much in comparison to Mr. April.

Walk a guy, or pitch to someone only a complete homer doesn't realize is on a major amount of PEDS and using elbow armor...both of which allowing him to do what he did....which he couldn't have done without? The pitchers are cowards, but never a bad word from you about Bonds, Armstrong, Paterno, etc...

Edited by Blue Train