How often do people who post on Name Three People look at.....

How often do people who post on Name Three people look at more than just the previous trio of names when they post?

I just took a look at a series of posts and it reminded me how funny and clever the posts are, especially the transitions.

I know that I rarely do. And I'm a big fan of the game. As I'm wont to mention, I invented it and forever grateful to Jim R for acknowledging me as the inventor. .

Anyway, it struck me as funny and odd that a thread with over 42,000 posts was probably mostly unread by the dozens (hundreds?) of people who made those thousands of posts!

Edited by steve(thelil)

I try to make it a point to go back to my last contribution and follow from there, so as to avoid a possible redundancy or to see if there's any trend ongoing off of which can be played.

Then again, I'm in and out with contributing, sometimes having time, sometimes lacking inspiration, sometimes both. In that case, I still try to read the recent inputs before re-entering, just because, if you gonna play, play well.

It depends. I can go long times without looking at the thread, in which case I just skim the last few posts.

When I'm reading the thread regularly, I try to read everything since the last visit.

I've got to be more careful, though...A few times recently, I posted entries, and on reflection recalled that I had posted the exact same damned thing long ago (a year or more). I left the stupid things in, but am trying to avoid further "senior moments".

Mindy Kailing

Monday Michiru

People Who Play Name Three People Only On Mondays And Don't Read Past The Previous Trio Of Names

That last one might represent a pretty narrow segment of the overall population, but that's the beauty of the game - it's accommodationional in the extreme!

I try to make it a point to go back to my last contribution and follow from there, so as to avoid a possible redundancy or to see if there's any trend ongoing off of which can be played.

I always want to see the post following my latest, to see how the next player may have played off of what I posted (sometimes I play again right away, to keep the "conversation" going). Depending on how many posts have been made since my latest post, I may or may not read everything, but I generally do.

...if you gonna play, play well.

Exactly. The game is at its best when played creatively and thoughtfully. My approach is to not post unless I think I have something fairly good (and I mean that in terms of meeting my own standards... something that I feel good about posting). Quality over quantity. If you gonna play, play well. The game is all about using one's imagination, like when you're playing jazz. I must say that I hate it when I see the lazy stuff (three people named Jones, or Smith, or whatever, when there's no apparent sub-plot going on). Learn the game. Respect the game. Dammit, this isn't a game! (Oh wait...). ;)

No, apparently not. It's a freaking cult!

That's old news: http://speakeasy.jazzcorner.com/speakeasy/showthread.php?21122-Little-Known-Facts-(that-aren-t-true)&p=918151&viewfull=1#post918151 (last paragraph)

Somebody better save that thread too, btw!

I had forgotten that one. It was one of my favorites. Thanks for the heads up Jim. Just downloaded it!

My participation to the thread has been regular but intermittent, so I read the recent people mentioned, at least one.

And I usually check if somebody else is reading the thread to avoid dead ends.

I try not to be lazy, but I always give up when it takes more than two minutes to come up with a sequence.

A fun and stimulating game that I suspect to be addictive and a wee bit masturbatory.

Edited by aparxa