September re-issues on Emanem

Head Man

Three new re-issues due out in September:

http://www.emanemdisc.com/news.html

Steve Lacy's "Cycles"... already mentioned in a separate thread here:

plus

Spontaneous Music Ensemble - "Oliv" plus extra tracks. This is the first official CD release of an album that came out on the Marmalade label over 25 years ago.

Paul Rutherford - "Gheim". Although this has already had a CD release by Emanem, this version has addtional music on it.

IMO both these two reissues are "must haves".

Edited by Head Man

plus

Spontaneous Music Ensemble - "Oliv" plus extra tracks. This is the first official CD release of an album that came out on the Marmalade label over 25 years ago.

Paul Rutherford - "Gheim". Although this has already had a CD release by Emanem, this version has addtional music on it.

I thought the Gheim CD is a straight reissue of the previous CD release - that's great if there is more material

I'd actually been looking for a second hand copy of the earlier OOP CD

plus

I thought the Gheim CD is a straight reissue of the previous CD release - that's great if there is more material

From what I can tell, the original CD issue of Gheim had additional material from the first (cassette?) issue. The CD was 76' long so they couldn't really add to it. Maybe someone should write to Martin Davidson...

plus

From what I can tell, the original CD issue of Gheim had additional material from the first (cassette?) issue. The CD was 76' long so they couldn't really add to it. Maybe someone should write to Martin Davidson...

Yes, it looks like it's might be just a straight re-issue of the 2004 CD although the description on the website is a bit confusing. It should become clearer once it becomes available in Sptember.

The present wording seems pretty clear: " Reissue of Emanem 4107 (which was a reissue of Ogun cassette OGC531 with extra material). 77 minutes."

I just wondered why he re-issued it with a new catalogue number if it's exactly the same as Emanem 4107. Anyway, I can live in hope, can't I? :)

The present wording seems pretty clear: " Reissue of Emanem 4107 (which was a reissue of Ogun cassette OGC531 with extra material). 77 minutes."

I just wondered why he re-issued it with a new catalogue number if it's exactly the same as Emanem 4107. Anyway, I can live in hope, can't I? :)

Are they remastered ?

I've been looking for STEVE LACY "School Days" (1960/3) for many a year. Have ordered that.

Have an internet-is-your-friend version of Oliv but will also get that one. Lovely record.

Now a wonder if they could get access to "Spontaneous Music Ensemble ‎– Birds Of A Feather" - one I'm curious to hear. Think it came out on BYG. Vinyl copies are out there but I'm a CD/download chap.

Are they remastered ?

Martin Davison at Emanem has confirmed that the Paul Rutherford is a straight reissue "with just an improvement to the colouring of the photo".