Where is AfricaBrass?

Bright Moments

Somebody asked why Norah's name was "Jones" since her dad's name was Shankar, and I posted (as "guest", but I'm not THE "guest") that "Elvin was her other father. The late 70s/early 80s were pretty wild times".

Here's the answer, Couw.

Sheeeese.... :wacko:

;)

hey, I'm a bumblewit remember! don't hold my post count against me.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys!

I'm sorry for my lack of posting (I figured I was doing y'all a favor ;) )

My heads really been somewhere else lately. After all the time I've spent here, I found myself really looking at a LOT of things in my life differently. I figured since I'm in this sort of upheaval period, it would be better if I just kept my mouth shut.

I haven't listened to any jazz in a while. I think it would do me some good.

Quincy, it's nice to see another live Grateful Dead freak here. I have been madly downloading/sharing at bt.etree.org for a while. :D

Thanks for your concern!

:rhappy:

I haven't listened to any jazz in a while. I think it would do me some good.

Quincy, it's nice to see another live Grateful Dead freak here. I have been madly downloading/sharing at bt.etree.org for a while. :D

Perhaps a dangerous thing to say 'round here, but ya know - at least from '72-'74 - the Dead could be downright "jazzy." B)

There is something about ole Jer's sound that helps (or rather, helped me & some other folks, but obviously not everybody ;) ) during times of upheaval. I got through quitting cigarettes (and I really really really really really liked smoking) and some more serious sadder family matters through both their music and the mad mind occupying obsessiveness that happens to Dead traders/collectors. I ended up purposely leaving a few holes in my favorite years in case I need something "new" in the future.

Whenever you choose to dip back into jazz, it will sound sooooooo wonderfully fresh to your ears after the layoff.