Billy Cobham 8 CD Atlantic Box Set

StarThrower

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same here, have that fiver ... and the Duke/Cobham, no sir, I don't want that ... gave a separate reissue of it a partial listen in a store once and didn't connect at all.

The expert playing and indulgent/garbage material reminds me of a short story my nephew wrote in high school, about three teenagers who possessed super powers and used them for shoplifting.

billy.jpg?itok=hlvhW5mT

I received my copy yesterday. It's a much better package than those cheapo Original Album Series 5 packs. And only 20 dollars and change. Spectrum comes in a glossy gatefold sleeve, and the others in strudy, non foldout mini album sleeves. And the classy booklet reproduces the album graphics. But my opinion is Cobham's best album is the first one. But at this price, I'm glad I've got the new box.

billy.jpg?itok=hlvhW5mT

I received my copy yesterday. It's a much better package than those cheapo Original Album Series 5 packs. And only 20 dollars and change. Spectrum comes in a glossy gatefold sleeve, and the others in strudy, non foldout mini album sleeves. And the classy booklet reproduces the album graphics. But my opinion is Cobham's best album is the first one. But at this price, I'm glad I've got the new box.

I got the box as well.  Working on a review of it.

billy.jpg?itok=hlvhW5mT

I got the box as well.  Working on a review of it.

Lemme know if you need a pair of pliers to extract the Spectrum CD from the mini sleeve? That's my only complaint about this set.

Same here, have that fiver ... and the Duke/Cobham, no sir, I don't want that ... gave a separate reissue of it a partial listen in a store once and didn't connect at all.

The expert playing and indulgent/garbage material reminds me of a short story my nephew wrote in high school, about three teenagers who possessed super powers and used them for shoplifting.

Your nephew grew up to be a hedge fund operator, right?

(apologies in advance to any of the quite possibly many honest and ethical hedge fund operators who participate in this forum as either members or lurkers)

Just  saying...no doubt, but also, art reflecting life yet again.