Vee Jay vault for sale

Well, so it is!

I'm an infrequent visitor to E-bay.

So, Concord hasn't immediately stepped in to buy this stuff. Damn!

I ain't gonna buy it - I've no room for it, can't store it properly and have nothing to play it on.

Oh, and that one session ain't worth $40K plus post to me.

MG

2 hours ago, king ubu said:

Concord has bought Vee Jay?
And have they done anything about it?

Was totally unaware of this.

Record companies don't have to DO anything with the indies they buy except product placement to keep exposing their copyrights on TV via adverts and cooking or decorating programmes. I expect Blue Note is still getting paid for use of Lee Morgan's 'Sidewinder' on a UK gardening programme, and the other day, I heard Booker T's 'Green onions' on a cookery programme. Not inappropriate.

Heard any Four Seasons material on TV lately? Or in a film?

MG

19 hours ago, The Magnificent Goldberg said:

I ain't gonna buy it - I've no room for it, can't store it properly and have nothing to play it on.

Oh, and that one session ain't worth $40K plus post to me.

MG

What if I cover the postal charge and tell you that I know a member who has a reel-to-reel? Would that change the calculation? 

1 hour ago, The Magnificent Goldberg said:

Record companies don't have to DO anything with the indies they buy except product placement to keep exposing their copyrights on TV via adverts and cooking or decorating programmes. I expect Blue Note is still getting paid for use of Lee Morgan's 'Sidewinder' on a UK gardening programme, and the other day, I heard Booker T's 'Green onions' on a cookery programme. Not inappropriate.

Heard any Four Seasons material on TV lately? Or in a film?

MG

Of course, alas that's how it is (jazz is not part of what merikins consider cultural heritage, or only as long as it fits into some pretty narrow concepts) ... but as it is, who cares if Vee Jay belongs to Concord and if or if not Concord buys those masters ... then again, who cares about this post.

I guess this is the session MG is talking about!!!

Tommy Dean (org); Fred Lee (ts); Grant Green (eg); Hattuch Alexander (b); Milton Wilson (d, bgo); Joe Buckner (voc).

Universal Recording, Chicago, October 23, 1956

56-562 Boogie Googie (part 1)   Vee-Jay (unissued)
56-563 Boogie Googie (part 2)   unissued
56-564 Ain't No Justice   unissued
56-565 She Left Me Alone   unissued
56-566 Come On   unissued

Our information about all items is from Lord. Grant Green, we might note, is said in other sources to have made his recording debut in 1959! If only because Green went on to greater fame, it is surprising that no attempt has been made to issue this material.

ive been looking on ebay at the steely dan pretzel logic production master for Yugoslavia, in abc-dunhill tape box.

1700 for it is step one, but step two would be having to find a proper home sized machine to play it on, that would be for example theres a Technics player, that takes 10.5 inch reels and plays at 15ips...but its avg price is $2500.  

that still pales in comparison to this one.  has anyone actually emailed the guy to get the story?  it seems many people are watching it--- lots of watchers but not a lot of buyers, lol

Edited by chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez

3 hours ago, The Magnificent Goldberg said:

Nah! Unless you throw in a bigger house, Dan :g

MG

Last offer:

We store it in the "mother-in-law's" apartment on my property. (Shipping will be cheaper but I'll contribute the difference toward the purchase price.)

You have full visitation rights and I'll pay the airfare.

Deal?