• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

617Cci1At3L._SX600_.jpg

Scenes - Along the Way (Origin, 2006)

:tup

Working my way through the good-sized batch of Australian trad jazz I have (trad for want of a better term, but no Dixieland here) some from the '40s, most from the '50s -- the Bell Brothers, Dave Dallwitz, Ade Monsborough. etc. Every time I go there, I almost can't believe how good this music is. Dallwitz, for one, though his own man, is a composer in the Jelly Roll Morton class.

15 minutes ago, Larry Kart said:

:tup

Working my way through the good-sized batch of Australian trad jazz I have (trad for want of a better term, but no Dixieland here) some from the '40s, most from the '50s -- the Bell Brothers, Dave Dallwitz, Ade Monsborough. etc. Every time I go there, I almost can't believe how good this music is. Dallwitz, for one, though his own man, is a composer in the Jelly Roll Morton class.

Ah, yes, I recall the name Lazy Ade. :lol:

MzItMTgyNi5qcGVn.jpeg

NTctNDI3Ni5qcGVn.jpeg

Is it jazz? Is it blues? Is it urban? Is it country? Is it sophisticated? Is it grass roots basic?

Why yes, it is!

Oh, Michael Silva's drumming...flayva. Sounds like a guy who if you got a bass player, cool, but if you don't, like if the guy got a flat or something, also cool, or even if for whatever reason Milt Bucker don't feel like working them pedals too much (if at all?), no problem, he knows what to do either way.

15 minutes ago, Rabshakeh said:

What are these Definitive Black & Blue Sessions? Is there a connection to the Black & Blue label? I've had a quick good and it's not clear.

It's the same label, but repackaged. Sometimes there's added tracks, and sometimes (rarely, but still...) the break up the original LP. But in the end, it's all good.

To widen things up a little more, there was a CD series before this, some of which did not make it to this series. And then there's LPs that (I think?) haven't made it to digital yet.

Really, it was a pretty extensive catalog, and none but the most obsessed will have (or will want to have) ALL of it.

Having said that, I very much try to pick them up as I see them, when I see them, as best as the budget will allow for.

21 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

Supersax got very much listening around here. It was very common here, I think it was MPS albums, and I had a japanese album "Koko" too. 

Thanks for the Info. The MPS vinyl is here too. It was also reissued on a  MPS/ Jazzclub CD  together with another MPS LP.

See pix pl.  The "Koko" album is missed here. Can you supply some details?. Thanks

43161369oy.jpg

43161374kj.jpg