• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, jazzbo said:

“Miles Davis In Concert” Sony SICP-4236

Still remember being so into this when it was first released. I still have the 2 LP set I then bought. . . this is a 2 CD set from Japan in 2014.

I think I have mentioned it recently. Some said they are not happy with it, but I remember very well when it came out and had "cult status" over here. 

I had used a lot of my pocket money to buy a japanese 2 double album . It came out about the time when Miles was touring Europe, gut then his band was different, he didn´t have all them exotic instruments like tabla or sitar anymore, but had a fantastic band with Dave Liebman, Al Foster, Mike Henderson, Reggie Lucas Pete Cosey. That was really a great unit. 

14 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

The Paul Bley thread prompted me to pull these out for later in the day -

615rCh-zbbL._SX522_.jpg

717pBK8pDqL._SX522_.jpg

61Nyl73DoNL.jpg

I have that cover with Don Cherry with a strange flute on it, which doesn´t fit the the music that actually was played. This record was on the then famous french "America" label, that had most of the Mingus albums too. 
But the reason I had bought it was only Coleman and Cherryl, I think the piano is not really audible, you hear a glimpse of it on "I remember Harlem" which seemed to be Bley´s feature. But I think you don´t hear much of the piano.
the most astonishing thing for us youngsters then was, that they play that old Parker Number "Klaktoveed......." which I think that Bird did only on the record, I don´t think it was in the repertory of the touring band. 

Blessing and "Free" is also great as I remember.  I still was a boy and very much into progressive jazz like the gang I hanged out with. This I think was the most "conservative" Ornette Thing ever, practically a "swing record" as we would definete it in the early 70´s . 

3 hours ago, Rabshakeh said:

The Rolf Kühn Orchestra – Symphonic Swampfire

R-1313283-1665572907-9168 (2).jpg

Do Rotondi and Alexander tour Europe much? I rarely see advertised but perhaps I am looking in the wrong places.

Rotondi resident in Austria at University of Graz. Alexander tours Europe regularly.

49 minutes ago, Referentzhunter said:

jkhjhjh.jpg

👍

Now playing:

Blues_for_Myself.jpg