• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

“Nucleus Live at the BBC” 13 cd box set. This is a gem of a box set with a varied and fascinating batch of BBC recordings in great sound.

It took me a while to “get into” Nucleus. I think I felt they were emulating Miles’ music too much, but over time (with the help I think of their album with Leon Thomas largely) I began to see what they were up to. I had a few of their LPs and then bought the cd collection of their studio albums and got into that. When these BBC recordings were releaed my enjoyment was accelerated. Wish I had heard these decades earlier!

CD 6. Two different Nucleus outfits led by Ian Carr.

096118ac72bc76993248c7098ff5d1bdbef04b56

Pat Metheny – Tap (Book Of Angels Volume 20)R-4574391-1377024594-5943.jpg.89a985a1065268366df489def666af46.jpg

I found myself enjoying this one the most of all the BoA records I've listened too. Metheny doing the full studio-as-instrument in a way that is I think stronger than most Metheny albums. He never needed much of a tune either, so he's well suited to the slightly whispy compositions.

One of my sentimental favorites, this copy my newest, a Mono. I cleaned some records today that I haven’t cleaned since I bought them and this one really shines now in several ways.

I just love the mood and pacing and sequencing and song slections here and Jack had such grace and gravitas late in his career.

Jack Teagarden “Mis’ry and the Blues” Verve mono LP

fe4d6afc2292d94805f4c77a6401d9b354ca097c

Dusted this one off, was hiding in the shelves and I remember really liking it.

David Bowie “All Saints: Collected Instrumentals 1977–1999,”

It’s clearly Bowie music even though the identifying vocals are absent. Nice way to start the day.

0186e22d0ee47a909c1ede14e8943a2049ddf84b