Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, jazzcorner said:

A & M (ddd) 3953000-2 - The Paris All-Stars " Hommage to Charlie Parket" - rec. June 1985 - Engineers: Joe Lopes &Jay Newland

[IMG]

[IMG]

A great band indeed and a wonderful hommage to Bird. 

I´m not sure if I´m talking about THIS album now, but is it possible, that they mistitled one tune. I have another Bird dedicated album too so I don´t know which is which, but at least at one the first tune is completly mistitled. Is it possible that it´s this album? I thing when I spinned it, I recognized that the first tune is not "Birks Works" but a "Quasimodo" or something like that, anyway a Bird tune on rhythm changes, with great solos by Jackie McLean and Phil Woods. 

Well, my true love on alto is Jackie McLean.....

14 hours ago, HutchFan said:

ODYtOTM0Ny5qcGVn.jpeg

Originally released as The Visit! on Cobblestone in 1972

Guitar – Pat Martino
2nd Guitar – Bobby Rose
Bass – Richard Davis
Drums – Billy Higgins

Some unprecedented bass solo work by Richard Davis on the title track gives the leader food for thoughts .... or at least challenges ....

15 hours ago, dougcrates said:

NDEtOTk4OC5qcGVn.jpeg

Interesting interview with him about this album and the motivations behind the switch in instrument on Gilles Peterson Radio 6 just now. On BBC Sounds, not sure if available outside the UK.

6 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

Interesting interview with him about this album and the motivations behind the switch in instrument on Gilles Peterson Radio 6 just now. On BBC Sounds, not sure if available outside the UK.

https://www.rollingstone.co.uk/music/shabaka-hutchings-perceive-its-beauty-acknowledge-its-grace-interview-38615/

16 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

Need to dig it out again, been years. I had another one on Metronome/Fona that didn't grab me as much, which I sold, but probably should reinvestigate at some point.

If you decide to sell this one just let me know...