• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A new version of this monumental music will be out this week, sourced from a better source tape supposedly–that said I love the sound on this Japanese set and wanted to give the second disc a spin tonight. Rollins was really something else at this time (and beyond!)

Sonny Rollins “Complete A Night at the.Village Vanguard” 24 Bit by RVG TOCJ 2 cd set Blue Note Japan

8de4265caf4a3e52aaf58683e27efb196b69f70c

19 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Miles Davis “Water Babies” Sony Blu-Spec CD2

e250c28dbdc5a608ebd46f87b99437d97843b348

This is sort of a schizophrenic cd as both sides are so different. I remember how exciting it was when this was first released on LP!

I remember it was out when all them wonderful Miles albums of the 70´s were out (On the Corner, In Concert, Live Evil, and so on and I was expecting a new Miles Davis album, and to my astonishment this was a thing of older stuff from the 60´s, but I was not disappointed at all, since I love Miles from 1948, 58, 68 same like Miles from 1978 or 1988.....

5 hours ago, rostasi said:

image.jpeg.f8e0487bdc4d2155cc9607fccb8e9161.jpeg

Strange, they took the cover photo from a later Bud Powell album (Return of Bud Powll). There was a series of photos hot during that 1964 studio album and I like those photos most from Bud Powell, they are wonderful.

But Sure Thing must have been around the early 50´s I think it was broadcasted quite often. The piece as some classical approach with fugue like lines, not exactly my alley, but it´s wonderful, how Mingus does all those bass figures. Okay, I like the piece, but never to the same amount like if he played let´s say "Woodyn You", "Salt Peanuts", I wanna be Happy or all them ballads......