• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

Ny0xMjExLmpwZWc.jpeg

Reflexionen [Urs Leimgruber, Don Friedman, Bobby Burri, Joël Allouche] (Timeless, 1984)

I only stumbled across this music this last year.  Great album, a happy discovery.   

Lovano's most interesting band, I think.  :tup 

For me that would be the band with Hank Jones, but this is a great one too.

Drummer Pete La Roca’s only leader date for Blue Note, “Basra” (here the Japan cd UCCU-8110)

The quartet does an amazing job here but Joe Henderson seems inspired and is a real standout.

5ae9278bf489bc91f9648581f0181e6eeaacdfe4

Right NOW: It took some prodding (if you paid for this set with PayPal I recommend contacting them if you haven't received a shipping notice) but my JATP Mosaic set arrived last night right after my wife came home and I shut off the system.

Playing the first disc right now. Sound is really good. No loudness war mastering here–I had to increase the gain in my system a lot. Lester is playing and all is right in my world.

Classic Jazz At The Philharmonic Jam Sessions 1950-1957, disc 1 of 10

5c2076da5ba99c7688dd82246e0f628ae17a1b0a

Edited by jazzbo

Eddie “Lockjaw” Davis with Red Garland and Shirley Scott “Gentle Jaws” Prestige OJC cd

Just what I needed after some JATP jams!

Quartet sessions with either Red or Shirley on piano, from two LPs and one track from a compilation.

Pulled a few Lockjaw cds from the shelves. . .he has a unique sound and technique that I sometimes crave in batches of discs.

be7073b76508db40f7e7078565ef6e56f05fbd80

Ella Fitzgerald “Sunshine of Your Love” Verve cd

Although this whole disc shows Ella really “on” and sounding great. . . the title track is the show stopper!

Sound isn’t fantastic. This originated as an MPS and there are MPS cds out there. . . but they don’t always sound that good so I went with the Verve. May try the MPS one day.

Edited by jazzbo