• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, jazzcorner said:

😁☝️

Just in on my new Mosaic box. Great LP

☝️😁

Great indeed and particularly memorable to me as it was one of the very first Blue Notes I heard, as it was included in the first batch (along with Stanley Turrentine's Look Out!) to be released in the UK at the relatively late date of c.1962. Afterwards came the deluge and a friend was pursued by a record store manager for what he owed for a whole  pile of Jimmy Smiths. :lol:

Edited by BillF

3 hours ago, BillF said:

Great indeed and particularly memorable to me as it was one of the very first Blue Notes I heard, as it was included in the first batch (along with Stanley Turrentine's Look Out!) to be released in the UK at the relatively late date of c.1962. Afterwards came the deluge and a friend was pursued by a record store manager for what he owed for a whole  pile of Jimmy Smiths. :lol:

Yes Bill, as you say that must have been one of the first Blue Notes to be officially imported into UK on vinyl, with its stamp on the back. Those with the double sided deep groove as imports are  small in number. Off the top of my head I can only think of ‘AT’s Delight’ as also in that category.

2 hours ago, mjazzg said:

I haven't listened to Cantuaria for a while. I like his albums a lot

I wasn't familiar with him until this year's Big Ears Festival; fortunately, I decided to see his set and it was fabulous (quartet with piano, bass guitar and drums, with Vinicius on guitar and vocals).