• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am amazed at just how much I like this Blind Willie McTell album.

I have been listening to Blues recordings for many many decades and yet never previously heard Blind Willie McTell . Both the vocals and the guitar playing are terrific. Though the recordings are from a long time ago, and the audio quality is a bit rough, the music is a true delight.

th-3864301259.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Peter Friedman said:

I am amazed at just how much I like this Blind Willie McTell album.

I have been listening to Blues recordings for many many decades and yet never previously heard Blind Willie McTell . Both the vocals and the guitar playing are terrific. Though the recordings are from a long time ago, and the audio quality is a bit rough, the music is a true delight.

th-3864301259.jpeg

This really is one of the greats. I can remember exactly the evening that I first heard this music.

Goran Kajfeš Subtropic Arkestra – The Reason Why Vol. 2R-7036270-1452247120-1149.jpg.f8012064d53c976a8d754dd9feb171e1.jpg

I don't like all of these records but this one has some good stuff on it. Essentially an electric big band fro. Sweden tackling classics of non-western pop, here mostly folk rock from Turkey. It is self-consciously retro but quite unique in its own way.

I only know Kajfes from Angles 9 and Fire!. This is pretty different although it breathes a similar air to Fire! in its mix of retro and up to date.

Edited by Rabshakeh