Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

complete-bethlehem-recordings.jpg

This 2 disc set was a nearly 2 1/2 hour delight!  Ruby Braff remains one of my all-time favorite musicians, and to me, he was one of those rarities who really, truly did indeed just get better with time.  These early-ish recordings find him still on trumpet and he is presented in a variety of settings.  My favorite album included here may be Ball at Bethlehem with Braff, recorded "live" before an invited audience at the Bethlehem Studios on New Year's Eve, 1954.

5 minutes ago, soulpope said:

91b9ccb387.jpg

More Desmond from the 70`s .... desert island recording ....

I've found the other material from this session to be more stimulating, sometimes very much so. I'd love to have insight into what drove the original selection process.

But yeah, Desmond.

15 minutes ago, JSngry said:

I've found the other material from this session to be more stimulating, sometimes very much so. I'd love to have insight into what drove the original selection process.

But yeah, Desmond.

For me just to the contrary - the "Live" tracks are more on the extroverted side, whereas the "Paul Desmond" material strikes me as being sublime .... different strokes I guess but great to have the material available anyway ....