• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Larry Kart said:

All those whose posts on this thread I've just deleted:

NO POLITICAL CONTENT/COMMENT ON ORGANISSIMO! THAT'S THE RULE;  NO ARGUMENTS OR QUIBBLES. 

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, GO AWAY OR YOU'LL BE GONE AWAY! 

What's the definition?

You left some of Sngry's up. They don't bother me, but again what's the definition??

On 9/22/2018 at 10:23 AM, JSngry said:

1537553942256.jpg

24 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

What's the definition?

You left some of Sngry's up. They don't bother me, but again what's the definition??

I agree completely with the rule but what applies to one should apply to all. 

On 8/26/2018 at 0:14 PM, erwbol said:

DlcMxsVXcAAA1TT.jpg:large

Political - or just urological? :lol:

On 9/6/2018 at 8:38 AM, JSngry said:

1536226616427.jpg

More evidence, m’lord. 

I don't know what the message is of Rosenstein, or of Trump peering thru blinds. "Pecker leaking" is obviously scatological over political, IMHO.  Jim's posting of the Time cover, which was a constructed photo and had a clear political message, should not have been allowed.

With all due respect and affection, the Brits who post in this thread seem to have an ongoing problem following the no politics rule.

I've basically stopped posting because of the political pictures in this thread.   It is also why I've not donated to the forum.  This community does not make all members welcome.   BTW, the pictures are not of a good quality.  

1 hour ago, Brad said:

This forum should be a safe haven from our daily sturm und drang

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturm_und_Drang

You might perhaps want to borrow a different word from a foreign language to describe your (political) turmoil(s).  ^_^

Remember it is various styles of jazz in particular (that are being discussed here on not so frequent occasions) that THRIVE on these intentional extremes of emotion.  No safe heaven in the true, artistic sense of the term, then ...

Sturm und drang, as the article you quoted Steve, can also mean storm and stress and I think this country is going through that. However, I understand your point. 

Although some of these photos may be good photography, they are political in nature.  You cannot divorce the two. It's like being a little bit pregnant; you either are or you aren't.  There's no halfway.  

The rules are enforced to the fullest or they aren't.  There should ne no halfway.  

It's fine to enforce the rules if we know what they are.

I once posted a photograph by a "fine arts" photographer (whatever that may be) taken during a Dakota Access Pipe Line demonstration (a bad word I presume). It's a powerful image. I'll try to go back & see if it has been deleted.

I suppose Picasso's Guernica would be banned here or is it just "current" politics.

BTW my DAPL photo is still there. Maybe the designation DAPL didn't register!!