Post a pic

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The thread Lon started had become dominated by political content for a few years now.

70c6136cb1.jpg

Here's a picture of a former recording studio at walking distance from where I live in Heemstede below Haarlem. A couple of years ago I came across a broadcast of a recording Bobby Hutcherson and Harold Land made here for Dutch radio in the early seventies. 

Miscellaneous - Non-Political, lest there be any misremembering.

I think a Political Cartoon is by definition not Non-Political. And some of these cartoons were, like, really crude.

A moderator has made a decision that is entirely within the " letter of the law".

The reasoning that an image alone was not a discussion was a creative loophole, but I guess lines were crossed (and oh yeah, another moderator made note last year or earlier that said moderator was aware of what was going on here back when it was all UK/Euro-centric).

So...find another loophole, maybe? And try to be more tasteful than reality, ok?

I mean, it makes me feel better to take a shit or vomit up a bad oyster, and that bad oyster vomit is not interpretational in any way, but do you want to see a picture of that here?

But keep in mind, an unaltered photograph, presented without caption or other comment, is just a pic. Feel free to Post A Pic (and leave it at that).

960x540.jpg

Waiter, a dozen on the half-shell, please!

o.jpg

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

So...find another loophole, maybe? And try to be more tasteful than reality, ok?

I mean, it makes me feel better to take a shit or vomit up a bad oyster, and that bad oyster vomit is not interpretational in any way, but do you want to see a picture of that here?

But keep in mind, an unaltered photograph, presented without caption or other comment, is just a pic. Feel free to Post A Pic (and leave it at that).

Would plain unaltered Kathy Griffin with beheaded Trump qualify?

Gosh, after seing very popular 100+ pages thread unintentionally vanishing in utter indifference, the same goes on but intentionally. A pity. And I sure disliked the high proportion of politically-related cartoons. Please think about locking a thread instead of deleting it, thanks.

Chinese-Bookie-5.jpg

I apologize for screwing up again in how I "policed" this, but if you guys want to say that politician X or Y or Z is a sack of excrement,  not saying that literally but instead posting grotesque images of said politicians is something you're not going to get away with here. The vast plains of Facebook and the like await you.

As for the First Amendment, that means that the government (repeat, THE GOVERNMENT) cannot pass a law abridging freedom of speech. It has no bearing on the rules Jim Alfredson put in place for speech on this forum. 

5 hours ago, BillF said:

Query: Would this be acceptable/unacceptable under the new rules?

650.jpg?w=940&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fi

The rules are not new.  Y'all have just gotten away with breaking them with impunity for a long time. 

I'd recommend to the mods that political cartoons are political speech and as such should also be disallowed. Just because it doesn't really lead to political discussion doesn't make it any less political.