Post a pic

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Rabshakeh said:

Lost on the other side of an ocean, but I always liked the idea of College Football. You have to get your lower league kicks somewhere.

It's great. Like many college football fans, I have a connection with my team that's more than just geography.  My wife and I both went to the University of Georgia. One of my sons went there.  My sister-in-law went there.  And tons of my friends and co-workers went there.

People get ridiculously worked up about college football -- and they're especially rabid about it in the South.  Down here, the college game is MUCH bigger and "more important" than the NFL.  

Georgia's first game is against Oregon on September 3rd.  I've been counting down the days like a kid waiting for Christmas.  Only TEN days to go!!!  :D :D :D 

4 hours ago, JSngry said:

oh, the football guy.

isn't 24 too old for college? Is he getting a Masters or something?

Could be several things (I could look it up, but am too lazy). Might have gone to some kind of prep school to be groomed for a football scholarship. Likely was redshirted for a year. Plus the COVID year. That'd be as many as three extra years. It's not that unusual for such players to have received diplomas and play out their final year of eligibility as grad students.