AOW suggestions

mikeweil

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

By the way, anyone interested in doing the following one, please let me know.  Thanks.

Eric

ejp, you're supposed to tap a shoulder. Just send some kind fellow boardmember a nice PM and ask her/him to step up on the AotW stage.

of course if anyone wants to step up, that's okay too, but usually the volunteers need a little prod.

FWIW: I'm out as my time is scarce enough without calling an AotW, but catesta seems a bit bored off late and it's almost a year since he did the honours.... :w

Edited by couw

Jazz of Two Cities---Warne Marsh

This album is great. Better sound than I expected for some reason, and the playing is high-calliber. Admittedly, not really an "album" per se, but a double-disc compilation of various sessions, still.......

Edited by BruceH

• 3 weeks later...

I'm ready to pick one, so feel free to tap my shoulder.

Some suggestions:

Art Pepper- "Straight Life"- would be a good one

Chet Baker- "Chet Baker Big Band" (with Bud Shank, Bobby Timmons, Phil Urso, Conte Candoli, et al

Clifford Brown- "Clifford Brown with Strings"

In a couple of weeks, someone please tap me so that I can pick

Horace Tapscott - The Dark Tree - vol. 1 & 2 on Hat Art, and a 3rd version of Hat's Kimus #4 sampler.

That'll give any of you missing it an opportunity to obtain this great album (taht has a crown in Penguin).

I'm ready to pick one, so feel free to tap my shoulder.

toc, toc, toc

(your head -and not your shoulder- is being tapped)

:g

uhm ... that means I have to start a thread and .... I'm still a newbie to this forum - seriously! How much advance time?

I have the impression the procedure is not working as smoothly as it should, and the list couw thankfully maintains is not quite up to date ...

anyway, my pick would be the newly reissued Johnny Griffin Argo from the Verve LPR series.